Default Covert from 5 lug to 4 lug

Ok guys. I am putting together a new car out of a 98 mustang. It has a 7.5 rearend with disc brakes all the way around. It is also 5 lug. I was fine with the 5 lug until I put a 13 x 7 wheel on it and the brake rotors and calipers hit the wheel. What are my opinions here? Do I need to switch over to 4 lug disc on the car? I am willing to buy new rotors and calipers anyway but need to know what year and model to get for and what to do about spindles and axles.
    Thanks

Why not just buy wheels? Sounds like a lot less hassle to me.

Because the big brake rotors and calipers on my car wont fit in the wheel.

i run 15 inch on mine

my rules state 13 x 7 wheels

Chaging the lug pattern will not solve your problem. Is it the fronts or rears or both that wont fit? Also how much is it they dont fit by? If it is just a small amount then you may be able to grind the caliper to fit the wheel if not you could use the smaller brakes and spindles off a fox body and have the rotor turned down to fit the old brakes and keep the 5 lug pattern. Same with the rears cut the braket off and fit it then weld it on again then have the OD of the rotor turned down to fit.

Thanks, what I meant was that the 4 lug rotors and calipers seemed to be smaller than the 5 lugs that I have now. Thanks

If it is just a little then you may be able to work it to make it fit. If it is quite alot then you will have to change to the smaller parts.

Why not just get running gear from a fox body. It all bolts up except the top struts. They will have to be modified.

Quote Originally Posted by spddmn View Post
    Why not just get running gear from a fox body. It all bolts up except the top struts. They will have to be modified.
    I would love to but I don't have any available. Does anybody have any that they are willing to sell reasonably?