Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bbc

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dirty white boy View Post
    went to the Wo0 world finals at charlotte nc,....had the best late model teams on dirt,...a;so had the big block mods too,...liked the better airo of the cars,..bigger tires too,..big ol hawg motors!!lord soulda herd them thangs,..deep torquey beast!! man i was like these things gonna be badder than a late model,...WRONG!! great racing!! but 2.5 seconds slower....idk if any of that helps but is sumtin to think about!!

think the LS motors,..the new hemi,..along with electronics will be the next big step in dirt late model,..as it is now,..ant carb racing kinda old model????

monkey see monkey do most time make a fool outta you....there are those that search for a advantage,..an those that copy others,...both can win,..but only the searcher goes down in history....
    I believe Big Block mods run steel blocks and are limited to like 460 cubes, so no exactly a direct comparison. Good conversation though. I like BBC's and LS engines too.
    Left 4M and Dirt Late Model racing, 04/12/2016 @12:06AM.

The big blocks that run in the north east are 460 ci steel blocks. They hold together very well if put together right. But thats the same with any engine. I've never heard of any known or repetitive issues. There are guys that are competitive and have won with $10K big blocks but the top guys are in the $30-40K range and they scream. Buddy of mine had one built by engine research out of canada and it clocked in at well over 1,000 hp on the dyno. Some of the builders are Enders, Feil, LJL Kevlar, precision, finger lakes, slaviak and theres a few more that i cannot recall. Some tracks do mix sbc 358's in with the big blocks. On a tacky track, the 358's really dont stand a chance. Fortunately,or unfortunately the tracks up here are mostly dry slick to on occassion you will see a 358 beat a big block in a 30-40 lap feature.

Quote Originally Posted by fast_crew View Post
    The car indeed won a few races that year, not sure how many with the BB. I watched from turn 4 one of the nights it won with the BB, I heard they had some issues with weight balance and the car pushing the nose, along with some carb issues, but it seemed like they had gotten it figured out. I asked Chris once about the weight and he said with some more lightening and alum/Ti bolts it couldv'e been abit lighter. Edges BB wasn't even hardly a mild build, 11.5:1cr or so IIRC, mild cam etc, for around $35,000 IIRC. Chris's shop is less than 10 miles from me. There was talks of some of the big teams running them at WVMS or some other big track. Keep in mind there are a ton of BB's out there on the dirt every week in the Modifieds.
    Big block modifieds are a completely different animal than a late model, and they're steel. And when big inch small blocks were legal to run in the class years ago, they were quickly the hot ticket.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!