Thread: Bearings

Default Bearings

I am putting together a claimer motor and was wondering what rod/main/cam bearings to use. I always have used clevite but i read an article on King bearings and just got me to thinking.

So I bring the quest for the perfect bearing to the 4m forums !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What bearings do I buy?

Thanks

Go with the Kings the best money can buy

Kings or ACL don't seem to handle the load aswell as the clevitte H series. You will see signs of spider webbing on the bearing surface. Also noticable on Clevitte P series in a high hp application. And as Jeff mentioned if it's a good steel or large radius crank you need the H bearings for the chamfer.
    Josh K.

ive always likes clevite

For what it is worth, last year I used the ACL Race Bearings and never had one issue. Steel Crank, 600 HP On Alcohol. I was impressed.
    Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.

I will be lucky to make 350 hp in this motor, it's a 355 with stock double hump heads and a vacuum rule cam with a out of the box 4412 Holley.

So I'd say the clevite P series will be good enough for me

Quote Originally Posted by TeamGRT12x View Post
    For what it is worth, last year I used the ACL Race Bearings and never had one issue. Steel Crank, 600 HP On Alcohol. I was impressed.
    850 hp Winged Sprint engines, ACL's spidered, H series look good enough they could be reused, but don't.
    Josh K.

I don't use anything but Clevites. "P" bearings will work just fine for what your doing.
    JD's Performance
    13034 Hwy 99
    Wapello, IA 52653
    319-931-0677

I spidered a set of Clevite H Bearings due to a stuck float and filled the crankcase up with alcohol. I wouldn't use the ACL's in anything over 600 HP Personally.
    Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.