Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

In the film the car counts are better than they are now,the crowd is way bigger.Me and my bud usually go up there 2-3 times a year.The only thing I really don't like about that place is having Wolf Creek volunteer fire/rescue there.I mean what's the point of having them there? Two years ago I saw a hobby car flip several times near the flag stand...not one member of the Wolf Creek fire/rescue did anything,they didn't even go down there and ask if he was ok.
    Last edited by sevenstates; 01-25-2013 at 08:44 AM.

hey pal i raced there long before kenny lecroy. and we raced all the time i dont like the guy myself but people say he won 300 plus races. i think he won 130 or so and he wouldnt had won that many if there was more than 3-4 cars night that film was built up to look good most of it isnt even spring city if u pay attention. racing yes stand and crowd no the guy can drive a racecar but when the bigger guys came there after all the tracks around closed he was no where to be found with a racecar maybe teching or standing around but not racing.....

the track is cleaned up but it will never be the power house it was 25 years ago. raymond has done really good in his first year as a promoter and i think this year will be a really good year as long as they pay good cars will keep coming i see at least 15 pony stocks this year and the thunder road series was a great idea that will carry 12 plus car avg. super streets 12 plus also. fwd. is if-e u never know and latemodel had an 8 car avg, last year if they set a pay and stick to it i see 40-50 car avg. every week. so good luck to the staff and drivers at spring city

wow that belle clair speedway is about the same size as spring city and a 10,000.00 to win race there was awesome. they prop. have a lot more parking area then spring city but u run just a big race at spring city there would be plenty of run for a big race like that money brings the big boys i have never seen that track but i liked it thk. for video

In the movie it says on first lap, LeCroy sees a hole ans goes thru it,heck if you will look they was no hole when his car started turning, some how his car would start turning behind the car in front, does that mean his car is loose? They say it did that cause it's a Rayburn maby in all those wins they were counting all those wins at Boyds cause he raced 2 times a wk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhoffman66 View Post
    wow that belle clair speedway is about the same size as spring city and a 10,000.00 to win race there was awesome. they prop. have a lot more parking area then spring city but u run just a big race at spring city there would be plenty of run for a big race like that money brings the big boys i have never seen that track but i liked it thk. for video
    belleclaire is always like that some would say the night was a little off

How many races did he win at Boyd's? I don't remember him winning alot... He had to go somewhere and pick on the cripples. He used to run with a rag taped to the back of his roll cage and they said it was his crying towel. He was a joke.

Not sure but there is a couple of hundred tropheys isn his shop from boyds, but he has run there several years, he has never had the first notch equipment that others have had,i thought he done pretty good !

I haven't heard his name even mentioned in over 10 years and the first I remember even noticing him was in the mid '80's... So if he raced at Boyd's for 20 yrs., that would mean that he won 10 or more races each year and the track giving a trophy every week??? I'll have to call BULL $H1+ on that one.

First race i seen him in was 83 and last time was about 3 yrs ago at boyds.

i agree with u guys 100%

I didnt know kenny personally but before I started racing I would go to spring city on occasion and I can tell you that kenny was the man to beat. His car handled so good down there he had it figured out, no power house motor just a good solid setup. I saw him smoke'em several times!

I began announcing races in 1991 and started riding with Kenny to various tracks.... He would help anybody and everybody at the racetrack.... He is a terrific family man including loving and proud father.

Don't remember the year but he went to the first ever open practice for Fort Payne's track and sailed off the front straight-away and into some trees - thus destroying his car... The crash took it toll on Kenny and though he fully re-cooperated from his injuries, he was never the same behind the wheel

Back then EVERYBODY had LeCROY RIVETS....
    I still have my 1st edition SCOTT BLOOMQUIST diecast cars that have his decals on them

he did have spring city to the T on setup but like i said 3-4 cars and guys that were new drivers. and he only had jamie cruchfield and jay hassler and the tindell guy that was at boyds every week. i went to boyds every friday and spring city on sat.

dhoffman66, you sound like a racer he outrun, but at Boyds they always have 12 to 18 cars, for some reason you don't like him, but no racer has all the fans. If you don't have anything good to say about someone what do you get to say? I don't think you know him!

oh i know him i dont care for him and i didnt race against him we won the pony championship that year. i know how many cars were running there 4 everyweek cause randy gornke hadnt started running yet. when he bought the track from hershell then there was alot of latemodels cause it payed 100.00 to start. i said he had spring city to the t but there was only 4 to 5 cars and none were vets. they were all new thats all i said. i raced mod.street at spring city so i didnt race against him there either... he won everyweek and all the double feature nights 2. it got old really fast when the big boys came out it was different kenny didnt win .... i have plenty of videos from both tracks if u would like to see how many cars were there in latemodels
    Last edited by Dhoffman66; 02-07-2013 at 11:36 AM.