That guy must have had 9 lives like a cat.
    How many times yesterday did I see where he'd passed away?
    Wonder what secrets he took with him?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Smith View Post
    That guy must have had 9 lives like a cat.
    How many times yesterday did I see where he'd passed away?
    Wonder what secrets he took with him?
    Just one life -- blame the silly media for all of the dead-alive-dead misinformation.
    I suspect that he took several secrets with him about people in power and corresponding manipulations of people and power. He allowed his philosophy to overrule the real world at times, and ignored things that didn't fit into his philosophy. That is what got him into trouble at the end. He defined his life by being a college football coach, and like many people who totally shape their lives by their professions, when he lost it he perished. When you take a sum total of all he did – good and bad – he doesn’t deserve the stigma he got saddled with. His largest lesson for us: although none of us may be perfect, if you strive to live a good life then you will be honored and respected.

I feel he probably actually passed away due to a broken heart. May he rest in peace.
    Pavement is for getting you there. Dirt is for racing.

The cliché "nobody's perfect" is a cop-out and Paterno should neither be honored or respected. HE KNEW CHILDREN WERE BEING RAPED and he did the absolute minimum about it and hoped it would go away and not blow back on the university and his precious football program. I wonder how many of the boys that his buddy and defensive coordinator raped hope he rests in peace.

The Penn State University football program should be shut down for 2 years and a complete house cleaning should take place.

Yeah i tend to agree with CIRF on this. If there is such a thing as H@ll i hope he's goose is being cooked for an enternity, no RIP here.
    "This will remain the land of the free only as long as it is the home of the brave."-Elmer Davis

WWTDD.

let he who is without sin cast the first stone
    8/13/16