Default cast iron repair

anyone know a good shop that does cast iron repair on a block....??? trying to find someone that can do the lock n stitch type repair,...trying to save a motor.
    In NW Ind or IL would be good, but could bring motor further if need be.
    thanks in advance

Default fixing???

what exactly are you trying to fix????

frozen/cracked block.....heard of metal stitching to fix but lookin for someone that does this kind of work thanks

jasik engines oglesby il

wheres the crack at on your block? i got a 010 block thats repaired on side above starter from back freaze plug to about 7 inches toweds front plug,..been holding for years....gotta use high nickle rods an cool it off right...all i know!

It's not hard to do yourself. I clean and prep the block for welding, put in my Am Pro oven and heat to about 450 degrees, weld with nickle rod while in the oven, then close the lid to let it cool slowly. I've had good luck with spray weld also preheating the same way.
    Bob

Thats how they do diesel heads and blocks and seem to have real good luck with them.

d and b machine in indy took cast head there once looked brand new when done it was total junk to start with very good job

thanks all...really looking for someone that does the lock and stitch type repair so I dont have to put this thing in the oven...found a place in Milwaukee that claims they do it...

Quote Originally Posted by crosspurposes View Post
    anyone know a good shop that does cast iron repair on a block....??? trying to find someone that can do the lock n stitch type repair,...trying to save a motor.
    In NW Ind or IL would be good, but could bring motor further if need be.
    thanks in advance
    bob is right. cleaning and prepping the block for welding can be easily done by yourself but if you are really trying to find for a shop try doing some searching for automd list of michigan repair shops. guys there are great on repairing situations like yours. good luck bro.

Quote Originally Posted by crosspurposes View Post
    thanks all...really looking for someone that does the lock and stitch type repair so I dont have to put this thing in the oven...found a place in Milwaukee that claims they do it...
    Jasik engines in Ogelsby IL does the lock and stitch....very nice work.