Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wink

stevo knows exactly what he is saying his a top notch driver from this area and knows everything

if they redid the track we would have been there to midnight.
    victim

yeah marlar fell back a little bit because you couldnt pass. he said fak it, because why would you waste your good equipment on a little 3k race with no where to go when you have speedweeks coming up.

i also did not see any passing. but who wants to watch the back of the pack? i was just hoping ronnie couldve passed using a lapped car as a pick or something. hats off to weaver.

hell all in all i would agree with dee81, the track was terrrible. but once again its a day race at boyds and they practiced the night before, so it was expected.

Just go see how much a Bloomquist car cost, he don't think its a joke, they really cost that much !

weavers car was a 06 or 07 grt , no where near a 70grand car

Default Car

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    just go see how much a bloomquist car cost, he don't think its a joke, they really cost that much !
    they are a lot of diff in a grt and a bloomquist chassis you can look at them and see the diff in them
    race race race

Quote Originally Posted by dee81fan View Post
    i thanks the fans and boyd's for showing up and putting the show on. its really agitating to watch a train race though. the track prep was garbage they didn't touch the track after practice and the bad thing is all they had to do was cut the thing up a little there wasn't any sun on the track all day. the stands where clearing with 15 to go in the late model feature. its one thing to be slick but a its horrible to be slick and one groove. don't get me wrong i have seen a few good races there when it is was slick but to crack the year of with a stinker like that is a tragedy. i would love to see boyd's step it up on the track prep everything else is on par to be a great race track. 0 passes in the feature that didnt involve a bumper.
    Not real sure what race you were watching but I thought that was a good race. The b hobby race saw side by side racing by the first two cars for most of the race, only to be broken up with 3 to go by lapped traffic. as far as the SLM race, RJ just got out motored by Weaver. What I liked about the track was it put the race in the drivers hands.It took a little patience and alot of car control instead of just stab and steer.Conditions are not always perfect,but Saturday's track was for experienced drivers.A few in the top 5 started toward the back.I was happy to see a race period.The day race brought back memories of those fall NDRA races back in the 80's. God job Gar and company.

Sorry to disagree but Johnson didn't get out motored. Johnson had a 376ci all aluminum CT525 with a 12 inch spoiler.Weaver had a steel block 23* SAS Spec that he never got over half throttle.The difference on a black ice track was setup and driving.
    Last edited by perfconn; 02-04-2012 at 09:15 AM.

weaver also had a 12" spoiler with the spec engine.that day he was the best.

Very true what you said.

They announced Bloomquist chassis. but if it was GRT it was really going !

No if about it.It was an older GRT

Quote Originally Posted by perfconn View Post
    Sorry to disagree but Johnson didn't get out motored. Johnson had a 376ci all aluminum CT525 with a 12 inch spoiler.Weaver had a steel block 23* SAS Spec that he never got over half throttle.The difference on a black ice track was setup and driving.
    RJ caught weaver in traffic , but Weaver pulled away on open track.Dirt racing is adapting to the track conditions. Good or bad the track is the same for everybody.When the track changes you have to change your race car.I saw Larry Moore at Dixie back in the 80's at a daytime NDRA race put on slick Hoosier tires and blister(pardon the pun) their ass.The winner never complains about track prep.