Default water plug on side of block

So im sitting lookin at my car and where to begin lol and low and behold i see water dropping from the engine...
    Thinking its the freeze plugs oh no its the small screw in plug on eash side in the middle of the block not one but both of them!!!

Has anyone had this happen? I have already tried to get out with the allen wrench no luck... Anyone out there what did you do to get em out?

Weld a 1/2 nut on them if Jeff's idea doesn't work, water hasn't frozen in the block has it??
    Josh K.

Nope been in garage gets to about *50 at coldest... What kind of wax should i use they pretty rusted...

Any type of wax will work. The easiet thing to use is a birthday candle.

I dont mean to seem helpless but how do i apply the wax ie in the hole, along the theads... I have never heard of this so im confused/lost sorry... Now as far as the allens go it may be stripped cus one turned almost right off the bat its so bad... Guess its been this way for a while prob happened last spring so has been leaking longer then i thought i just never saw it doesnt look to be any cracks along block but ill find out soon enough hopefully i can get it out without pullin the thing out ;/

ok cool! thanks guys what a pain in the rear ya know... let ya know how it ends up

Its leaking from the center of the plug too... can i just weld the plug up you think? One wont come out and is going to have to be drilled and re tapped...
    Last edited by DANNY; 01-28-2012 at 03:48 PM.

If its just seeping i would clean and epoxy before drilling it out.

No i can stick a screw driver through it with no effort at all...

Left hand twist drill bits work very well too....

Quote Originally Posted by DANNY View Post
    No i can stick a screw driver through it with no effort at all...
    If it is that bad I would replace them or they will screw up at the worst time. They will cost less than $5 to replace and can cost the engine if they fail.

Quote Originally Posted by hogracer3d View Post
    Left hand twist drill bits work very well too....
    Won't come out, tried it lol...

weld it up alittle, place a 1/2 nut over the plug and fill in the nut with weld, this will weld the nut to the plug, allowing a 3/4" wrench to be used, and cause the plug to shrink alittle easing removal. If these plugs are rusted through, I would be amazed if the freeze plugs and rotted out.
    Josh K.

Lmao youll never guess... The nuts kept breaking off! So I had to build weld up until there was a "nub" to grab onto. I took a small pipe wrench and a small tube over it for leverage and cranked it out!!! BOTH SIDES! Funny part was there isnt any rust on the threads at all, just the center part.

Ha ha 3d 2 new brass plugs cost me $6.46 with tax LMAO! can we say inflation?... You make the PVS test n tune?

Thank you all for the info and help I was freaking out!!!

-Danny

Quote Originally Posted by DANNY View Post
    Lmao youll never guess... The nuts kept breaking off! So I had to build weld up until there was a "nub" to grab onto. I took a small pipe wrench and a small tube over it for leverage and cranked it out!!! BOTH SIDES! Funny part was there isnt any rust on the threads at all, just the center part.

Ha ha 3d 2 new brass plugs cost me $6.46 with tax LMAO! can we say inflation?... You make the PVS test n tune?

Thank you all for the info and help I was freaking out!!!

-Danny
    No, I don't think so, Chris and his son are gonna do some in Bako with the crate motor car and the Hobby, and I'm gonna rebody the 3d, and probably start about May

Nice I should be ready by the night races hopefully if I can get this thing setup right... I work sats so no chance before lol

I have been promising momma that we'd get the new 496 injected Brodix headed motor into her Pro Street 77 Monte Carlo, and take it to Hot August Nights, for about 3 years now, and I think she's running out of patience with me.

At least it's a "Honey Do" that I like, the racing just seems to get in the way, once we race the 1st time......