Thread: Favorites

Default Favorites

.....in no particular order.......Jeff Beck -Ty Tabor - Ry Cooder - Eddie Van Halen - Billy Gibbons - Duane Denison (the single greatest guitar chord in the history of mankind - played in the middle of the song Mailman....The Jesus Lizard) - Django Reinhardt - Glen Campbell - Steve Vai - Demitri Ageev ( we played together in the 90's....you've never heard of him....he was from Russia....he freakin' rocks).......too many more to list!

Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 01-28-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Don't forget the late, great Stevie Ray Vaughn.
    Because Dirt's for Racin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Slideways View Post
    Don't forget the late, great Stevie Ray Vaughn.
    I did not forget him.......He's just not on "my" list!

I did however, forget Brian May.........call me Big Dummy.....go ahead, I deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by wallcrusher View Post
    .....in no particular order.......Jeff Beck -Ty Tabor - Ry Cooder - Eddie Van Halen - Billy Gibbons - Duane Denison (the single greatest guitar chord in the history of mankind - played in the middle of the song Mailman....The Jesus Lizard) - Django Reinhardt - Glen Campbell - Steve Vai - Demitri Ageev ( we played together in the 90's....you've never heard of him....he was from Russia....he freakin' rocks).......too many more to list!
    Segovia, Name escapes me but he was on Hee Haw, Saw him live and he was really technical far beyond the way he played the country music of the day. Also the fastest was a studio guitarist named Bob Angel hands down the fastest I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Headhunter View Post
    Segovia, Name escapes me but he was on Hee Haw, Saw him live and he was really technical far beyond the way he played the country music of the day. Also the fastest was a studio guitarist named Bob Angel hands down the fastest I have ever seen.
    I think, that would be Andre Segovia....I would have loved to seen he and Roy dueling it out!
    Roy Clark was no slouch either!

Page, Hendrix, and David Gilmour has to be somewhere on the list.At least on my list

Quote Originally Posted by wallcrusher View Post
    I think, that would be Andre Segovia....I would have loved to seen he and Roy dueling it out!
    Roy Clark was no slouch either!
    I listen to Segovia often, and yes Roy Clark was who I could not think of. He really was good but in a time when county music was not that technical and rather depressing not many saw or cared what he could do and not just with a guitar he played eveything but a harp and I dont mean harmonica. Beck was incredable when it comes to technical guitar work and Clapton makes it look really easy. A local guy in my area and goof friend is one of the best and I would put him along side with most of the guys here and also had the gift of being a gifted teacher unfortunatly a stroke has left him unable to play. Incredable talent lost I miss showing up at his studio and jamming with him for hours ae times.
    Last edited by Headhunter; 02-02-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVY DUTY View Post
    Page, Hendrix, and David Gilmour has to be somewhere on the list.At least on my list
    Love Zepplin but Page is OK, But was uniqe in his style. Hedrix was incredable. Gilmore is very creative and has a style that is all his but not a exceptional guitarist...

Default Post a reply to the thread: Favorites

Hi Guys

Page, Hendrix, and David Gilmour has to be somewhere on the list.At least on my favorite list.

You can mentalist online free Episode Guide....

Mark Knopfler doesn't make the list? Now he is creative.
    Crew Chief "Tip of the day":
    Most handling problems can be solved by adjusting the screw-ball. It can be difficult to fine tune at times. Explaining yourself loudly and striking it on top of the helmet with a dead blow hammer usually works well.