Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ya we didn't do anything other than un-band the LR leaf...Rich D said when Johnny would get on the gas it would spread open like a flower!! LOL Probably wear out leafs pretty fast...

Quote Originally Posted by sj valley dave View Post
    Ya we didn't do anything other than un-band the LR leaf...Rich D said when Johnny would get on the gas it would spread open like a flower!! LOL Probably wear out leafs pretty fast...
    Actually, I found this to be the opposite. I have not had to replace the Lr. But, I have replaced the Rr after about 12- 16 nights. Seems that when your on the gas it opens the spring but also trys to put arch in it also as it rotates.

How does it unwrap the RR spring on the gas? The RR, if floated, is just basically supporting the cars RR corner weight and the axle wrap is controlled by the LR leaf. Help me out here. thanks

You are correct, the RR does nothing but support the weight of the car. Now when you are on the gas the pinion angle rotates upward causing the LR to open up the leafs (If unbanded in rear). It also drives the tire down creating more arch in the spring as it spreads open.( Thus creating more LR bite) When on the gas and in the corner my car looks to have 12" to 16" arch on the LR spring. In theory, rearching the spring.

I understand that the LR is controlling axle wrap 100%...I misunderstood your earlier post. I thought you meant that floating the RR caused the RR spring to wear out earlier than normal...We just noticed that because of the arching and de arching of the LR that it lost ride height a little earlier...could have just been that spring..

We quit playing with the leaf cars in 2006. Been DLM racing ever since! LOL

you loseing spring rate that fast your running to light a spring to start with!

Quote Originally Posted by sj valley dave View Post
    we quit playing with the leaf cars in 2006. Been dlm racing ever since! Lol
    lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!