Default Which Heads would be better.

We have an A-MOD, and race on Fast 3/8 and 1/2 mile tracks, mostly. I have two sets of Heads and one short block. Its a 406 with strong parts.
    The set that we ran on the 406 last year is a set of Drame casted Brodix 11RI spreadports with old style vic jr intake matched.
    The others are AFR 227 spreadport. A jesel system, and a cam that matches the springs and 1.6 and 1.7 rockers. And an HVH intake.
    They are both 23 deg so pistons shouldnt be an issue. I wonder if the 227s would be more drivable when traction is less. Being a 406 i don't wan't to turn it to tight. Stock splayed cap 509 block. Thanks
    BUSTING OURS TO KICK YOURS

The AFR will be a more driveable head, but you're on borrowed time with the block. RPM has no effect on how long it'll last.
    Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.

^^^^^^what he said^^^^^^ Ditch the block before it's too late.

My plan is to run a Ct525. The 406 will be a backup. I hope the 525 is the way to go? We get 100lb weight brake,and sails can run to the spoiler sides, Plus an inch taller. Not sure we can get that low on weight?

I like the old Draime RI 23* stuff if its right for your combo it should be WAY better than AFR227's.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

You will like the 525. It should be fairly reliable.

The Draime heads generally are tougher to drive with a narrow tire. By the time you tune it out with a camshaft you've lost a lot of good power. AFR's would be my chioce... Mullins uses AFR on his stuff too...
    Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.

Hey! TeamGRT12x, I been trying to find out the weight differance of the 525, to the std chevy. Being all aluminum, the 525 could be 100lb lighter? That would be cool!