Default Georgia Winter Nationals at Toccoa Rescheduled for March 9-11

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Georgia Winter Nationals at Toccoa Rescheduled for March 9, 10 and 11

Toccoa, Georgia – Officials with the FASTRAK Racing Series and the Toccoa Speedway announced today that the Georgia Winter Nationals originally scheduled for February 17-19 will be rescheduled for the announced make-up date of March 8-10, 2012 because of construction delays. Toccoa Speedway promoter Andy Hyde has been completing extensive remodeling and construction projects during the winter months including replacing all of the tracks outside guard railing, perimeter fencing and erecting a new scoring tower. In the course of the construction Hyde has faced several bouts of bad weather and other delays which have put the project completion severely behind schedule. “Andy and everybody has been working 7 days a week sun up to sun down when the weather would allow it and they have just run out of time. He and I spoke today and we talked with Stan Lester and we all agree it’s best to change the date now instead of waiting until the last minute and create problems for people planning to be here.” said Brad York Toccoa Speedway Director.

“We are certainly disappointed that we had to move the date because it was really building some momentum but we have to do what we think is going to be the best for everyone involved. I know that Andy has been working his tail off trying to get finished by the February dates but he has just had too much that he can’t control slow him down. We realize that there are some other things going on that weekend and we hate that we have to change our date but it was inevitable. But let me say that people that haven’t been to Toccoa are going to be in for a real surprise when they get there. Those guys have done so much with the track and facility. It is really going to be very nice when they get finished up and we will all arrive to a much nicer and safer facility because of all of their efforts.” commented FASTRAK Founder and CEO Stan Lester.

The event will simply change weekends with the schedule remaining exactly the same and with the same divisions on the card. Friday night, March 9th the track will be hosting an open practice session from 6 to 9 PM EST. On Saturday, March 10th the action gets underway early with gates opening at 10 AM; Drivers Meeting at 12 Noon and racing beginning PROMPTLY at 1 PM. All 4 classes will each qualify and run heat races during the Saturday program. Sunday, March 11th will be Georgia Winter Nationals Championship Day. All 4 classes will also run last chance qualifiers (as needed) and compete in their feature event. Along with a nice payday all 4 winners will take home a 5 foot tall Georgia Winter Nationals Champion’s trophy. Gates will once again open at 10 AM, Drivers Meeting at 12 Noon with racing set to begin PROMPTLY at 1 PM. “We need to make sure that everyone understands that we are going to be on the track Saturday and Sunday by 1 so that we can get everything done and get folks out before it gets colder. We will need the drivers’ cooperation to keep things moving along so we can get done by 6 each day.” Added Lester

Admission prices for all three days as follows: Friday: Grandstands – FREE / Pit Pass - $10 – Saturday: Grandstands - $18 / Pit Pass - $25 – Sunday: Grandstands $23 / Pit Pass - $25. Kids under 12 are FREE all 3 days. Grandstand patrons can also stop in and pick up $3 off coupons in multiple locations including Quality Foods in Toccoa, SWIFTCO Supply in Elberton, the FASTRAK Corporate Office in Carnesville and McDonalds in Lavonia. The coupon is good for $3 off of admission in the GRANDSTANDS ONLY on Saturday and Sunday. The coupons can also be found in other locations around the Toccoa / Lavonia / Elberton / Carnesville area as well. “We want to encourage all the race fans to stop in and get coupons at these locations. We appreciate their support and want them to come out and enjoy a good time at the races.” Lester concluded.

For questions about support class rules or for other track information, call Brad York at (706) 491-4493. For questions or information about the Southeastern Late Model Sportsman Series, contact Randy McCoy at (828) 342-8062. And for questions or information about the FASTRAK Pro Late Models or if you are interested in becoming a sponsor of the Georgia Winter Nationals contact Stan Lester at the FASTRAK Office at (678) 935-7304 or Kelley Carlton at (864) 871-1442. Visit www.fastrakracing.com for additional details in the days ahead.
    Last edited by ModJr9; 02-22-2012 at 04:43 PM.

FASTRAK Pro Late Models Standard $5000 purse:

$5,000
    $2,500
    $1,250
    $800
    $675
    $625
    $575
    $500
    $475
    $450
    $425
    $375
    $350
    $325
    $320
    $310
    $300
    $300
    $300
    $300
    $300
    $300
    $300
    $300
    R.I.P. Leebo
    www.StBaldricks.org
    R.I.P "Buck" Simmons
    www.southeasternlatemodels.com

This event will be here before you know it!!....
    R.I.P. Leebo
    www.StBaldricks.org
    R.I.P "Buck" Simmons

Thumbs up

Only a few weeks to go!!...............Then it will be Raceday......
    R.I.P. Leebo
    www.StBaldricks.org
    R.I.P "Buck" Simmons

Thumbs up

Don't forget about the "Open Practice" scheduled for this coming Saturday March,3rd.

Gates will open at 1pm.................
    R.I.P. Leebo
    www.StBaldricks.org
    R.I.P "Buck" Simmons

Thumbs up

If weather is a problem Saturday March,3rd.......We will practice Sunday March,4th. same times.
    R.I.P. Leebo
    www.StBaldricks.org
    R.I.P "Buck" Simmons

Thumbs up

Well......these ole Storms have dumped out a lot of water!!

We have been forced to reschedule the practice till Sunday March,4th.

Gates will open at 12 Noon
    R.I.P. Leebo
    www.StBaldricks.org
    R.I.P "Buck" Simmons