Thread: muffler

Default muffler

we have to have mufflers this year. I was thinking about the speedway cheater mufflers are they good one to get . NO db level

Run the Dirt pro mufflers we had a set last over 3 years, a cheap muffler can cost you a bunch of power.

Beyea Mufflers work very well and they have turn downs on them. I'm carring the 3" and 3 1/2" mufflers . 1 563 659 1153 Dave

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    I run Votex inserts and they cost me nothing on the chassis dyno.. I like them they take out the high pitched sound, like ripping paper!
    I forgot to say no inserts thanks for the reply's. I have some more ? will I have to put a brace on the header for the mufflers? When I bolt the header up to the head will i need studs or bolts? They will be on alum. heads. If bolts how well will the threads hold up in the heads?

Heres what I run its light weight and works well:

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Schoen...fler,3496.html
    »»*†HÀ†§ HÓ††™««

Quote Originally Posted by D1RT087 View Post
    I forgot to say no inserts thanks for the reply's. I have some more ? will I have to put a brace on the header for the mufflers? When I bolt the header up to the head will i need studs or bolts? They will be on alum. heads. If bolts how well will the threads hold up in the heads?
    If you put anything on the header it is good to run a support. We would use an exhaust clamp and then a 1/4 x 1 aluminum flat bar from the header collector to a weight clamp on the chassis. Sometimes we would run 2 on each side.

If they are aluminum heads I would stud it for sure...You don't want to have to run bolts into the threads over and over...Plus you can slide your gasket over the studs, makes it easier and faster to bolt up the header...We also run a support hanger from the muffler to the chassis. With no support, all the weight is hanging of the flanges...Can crack easier...IMO