Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Golden Isles

Typical NEW promoters here in the south.They probably dont have the money to pay the purse, so they drag the show on and on. They forget about the racers having to drive to east bay, and the frozen fans who have been there several hours. GIS is a very nice facility, too bad the promoters screwed up the first race there. They never get alot of local fans there at weekly shows either............I wonder why?.............Hmmmmmmmm.

Going green!

what is the starting lineup?

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobefast View Post
    what is the starting lineup?
    Davenport - McCreadie
    Cook - Babb
    Moyer - Roberts
    Brindle - Madden
    Moyer Jr - Robinson
    McBride - Pearson Jr
    Nipper - Pea(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)
    Sheppard - Bowen
    Thomas - Millwood
    Hubbard - Pursley
    Ivey - Bradsher
    Reese - Landers
    Sparks

Davenport leads Babb, Cook

Landers up to 16th already, Hubbard 14th.

Update 2-- TMac has a flat. Landers up to 10th and Hubbard 12th. both in Barry Wrights

Update3--Davenport leads 11 to go.

Update 4-- Davenport wins Cook 2nd Moyer 3rd Roberts 4th, Nipper 5th. Hubbard 21st to 9th.
    Last edited by huskerdirt; 02-12-2012 at 06:24 PM.

What happend to Babb?
    You can make plans, but you can't plan the outcome

Quote Originally Posted by sofakinglucky View Post
    What happend to Babb?
    Finished 6th, I guess just missed the setup.

Congrats again to JD and CBR 15 crew! Two starts, two wins!
    I know you're fast, because you were hauling azz when I passed you!

where did brindle finish?

Congrats to Nipper on a good showing.

All you guys bashing, the show did start somewhat late but it rolled smooth once it got going. I believe cars were on track at 2:50 P.M. and we left a little after 7 with the only break being for a little water which was much needed.

Oh, and crowd was decent. The whole back stretch was full of cars along the fence and grandstands were 1/2 to 2/3rd's full.

Not bashing just responding to other posters who appear to be at track. Still though, over 4 hrs with only 26 dlms and 1 support class . Way too long in near freezing conditions. Some tracks just dont get it. BUT as you well know, we dirt lm lovers will be there next time the gates open!.....LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobefast View Post
    where did brindle finish?
    Came in changed rr, ended up 11th.
    Last edited by B_K; 02-12-2012 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtfan2757 View Post
    Congrats to Nipper on a good showing.

All you guys bashing, the show did start somewhat late but it rolled smooth once it got going. I believe cars were on track at 2:50 P.M. and we left a little after 7 with the only break being for a little water which was much needed.

Oh, and crowd was decent. The whole back stretch was full of cars along the fence and grandstands were 1/2 to 2/3rd's full.
    They were still having the drivers meeting at 2:50.

Quote Originally Posted by sofakinglucky View Post
    What happend to Babb?
    He was very fast early, faded late. I would bet he went too soft on tires.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Both shows had a great crowd, particullarly yesterday afternoons show, I really enjoyed the
    sunday afternoon deal for a change of pace, I had a great weekend at these events except for the temps outside !
    21- The Professor *47 - The Tallahassee Terror *58 -The Magicman
    If they are in the race, Lets face it, the battle is for 2nd !
    Facebook page ,Florida Dirt Late Model Posse

Quote Originally Posted by drtrkr244 View Post
    Typical NEW promoters here in the south.They probably dont have the money to pay the purse, so they drag the show on and on. They forget about the racers having to drive to east bay, and the frozen fans who have been there several hours. GIS is a very nice facility, too bad the promoters screwed up the first race there. They never get alot of local fans there at weekly shows either............I wonder why?.............Hmmmmmmmm.
    I dont know about anyone else that went,I wonder if this guy did, and so it seams he didnt, but i know i had a blast walking around the pits in the daylight with the likes of EPJ and Jared Landers and Billy Moyer, and the racing at GIS is always very good.
    Only thing that wasnt good of the whole day was when they wet the track down after hot laps,maybe too much ,that did delay things a bit.
    Last edited by mf0521; 02-13-2012 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drtrkr244 View Post
    Not bashing just responding to other posters who appear to be at track. Still though, over 4 hrs with only 26 dlms and 1 support class . Way too long in near freezing conditions. Some tracks just dont get it. BUT as you well know, we dirt lm lovers will be there next time the gates open!.....LOL!
    There were 2 support races, as far as freezing, yes it was cold towards the end,
    but it was great when the sun was out which was most of the day.
    Doesnt really matter all that much as far as quantity, you can only get so many
    in the feature, and there were some pretty good cars here.
    Certainly dont mind spending a sunday afternoon in this way.
    And I agree with an earlier post, Nipper had a great weekend, him and hunter
    pea(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) were really impressive yesterday against that group of cars.
    Last edited by mf0521; 02-13-2012 at 12:18 PM.

GIS is one of the nicer facilities in the deep South.The racetrack is generally well prepared.However, the big sweeping corners do not promote side by side racing for the slm's. When Frankie re-designed GIS, he consulted with many slm drivers. He was told to tighten the corners, to force the cars to stay off the gas for a longer period of time. Slower corner speed promotes side by side racing. For whatever reason he didnt listen, and the result is mainly a one groove racetrack. I,ve been going there for 25 years and the best race I seen was when my old buddy EPJ passed Bloomer on the last lap of the LOLM race. I love going there but the racing is not that great....JMO

I don't know where you are coming from. I have been to dirt tracks across the country and I would place GIS in the top five tracks in the nation. The track was not prepped as good as normal yesterday , but was still more racey in the daylight than most are at night. I talked to Frankie Sunday morning and he said that the track was back up for sale for 650,000. PLEASE someone step up and keep this facility running. Georgia Speedweeks just were not the same this year without multinight racing in Brunswick.

Quote Originally Posted by 4rdfan View Post
    I don't know where you are coming from. I have been to dirt tracks across the country and I would place GIS in the top five tracks in the nation. The track was not prepped as good as normal yesterday , but was still more racey in the daylight than most are at night. I talked to Frankie Sunday morning and he said that the track was back up for sale for 650,000. PLEASE someone step up and keep this facility running. Georgia Speedweeks just were not the same this year without multinight racing in Brunswick.
    Since I was on a touring dlm team for over 10 years, i probably have the edge on quality racing venues. Even though I consider GIS a home track, it is nowhere near top five in the nation. Facility wise it is nice, but the racing is not that great. If it was where was all the supers yesterday. Trust me ,they DONT like GIS. They want to race side by side lap after lap. That will never happen with that configuration. They prefer the smaller tracks so they can easily adjust their driving style for the conditions. Hammerdown racetracks have never made for good racing!