Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Golden Isles

Quote Originally Posted by drtrkr244 View Post
    Facility wise it is nice, but the racing is not that great. !
    Really??? Randle Chupp came from worst to 1st 2 years ago, and you say the track isn't that great? Really???

Quote Originally Posted by dirtfan2757 View Post
    Really??? Randle Chupp came from worst to 1st 2 years ago, and you say the track isn't that great? Really???
    You base a great racetrack on ONE race!!!!!!Really, ONCE again, WHERE were all the supers yesterday? Nuff said!!!!

I was talking to a crew member at Screven of one of the drivers that has been touring with the WoO for several years and he told me they were seriously considering going to Golden Isles until they found out what compounds were being allowed for the race. He said once they found out what they were they were no longer interested in going because you would've had to been soaking your tires for weeks to be competitive there. Does anyone know if Waycross & GIS did a tire test on the top few cars? Not insinuating any driver there used juiced up tires, just asking if they did a test?

Not saying he did or didnt, but I know alot of teams around here that buys there prep from Supermans tire guy. If they didnt check, shame on the officials at both tracks.

Tell me something I am missing, if you have a tire rule race with 5 different tires from each tire company, why do you need to soak. Why don't you just go to a softer tire compound. Looks like to me if you have even an open rule, you have the choice of going softer. Does the soaking keep the tires from wearing out so bad, or is it like asphalt racing where you get better grip.

It just seems crazy to try and police something that has been going on for a long time. I remember before the Southern All Stars went to a tire rule they were open Hoosier's and averaged around 40 cars a race. We did not even worry about soaking then.

You base a great racetrack on ONE race!!!!!!Really, ONCE again, WHERE were all the supers yesterday? Nuff said!!!!
    I dont know where you come up with the one race comment, the super bowl at golden isles has put on some pretty
    big shows over the years with many big name drivers.
    This year maybe the daytime thing or possibly because of just running the night before, or possibly because
    they werent running races last year,who knows.
    Some big names showed up and the racing wasnt bad.
    Its never a bad thing when you get to watch EPJ, TMac, Superman, Billy Moyer race.
    Certainly wasnt a bad way to spend a sunday afternoon in my opinion.
    Next year if they do it again, I will be there, you can stay home and well let you know
    how it went.....
    Last edited by mf0521; 02-14-2012 at 12:51 AM.
    21- The Professor *47 - The Tallahassee Terror *58 -The Magicman
    If they are in the race, Lets face it, the battle is for 2nd !
    Facebook page ,Florida Dirt Late Model Posse

Quote Originally Posted by whodunnit View Post

20 cars at waycross for $10k to win + 26 cars at golden isle = 0 promoter

and big money losing deals with poor crowds in attendance

looks like those fellers mr. Bird and mr. Banks might need to learn how to spell the word promoter before they try to become one.

It also smells like a lot of people knew who was really behind these events and decided not to become involved with their bull$h!+

this is an obvious inside job .....
    Feb 11-13 2016 Winter Freeze VI World Of Outlaws Super Late Models
    Open Wheel Modifieds & More tba
    SLM & OWM Chassis & Mfg CHAMPIONSHIP CUP
    SYLVANIA GA www.ScrevenMotorSports.com

Quote Originally Posted by otto9 View Post
    Tell me something I am missing, if you have a tire rule race with 5 different tires from each tire company, why do you need to soak. Why don't you just go to a softer tire compound. Looks like to me if you have even an open rule, you have the choice of going softer. Does the soaking keep the tires from wearing out so bad, or is it like asphalt racing where you get better grip.

It just seems crazy to try and police something that has been going on for a long time. I remember before the Southern All Stars went to a tire rule they were open Hoosier's and averaged around 40 cars a race. We did not even worry about soaking then.
    Everybody doesn't prep tires to soften them up, there are certain chemicals out that build a ton of bite in a tire without softening the compound. If u have a hard tire that's been preped and has more bite naturally u got the advantage over the other guy running a hard tire with no bite built into it. The way the racetrack got Sunday evening thats what u needed, and I'm almost certain they didn't check tires .

Quote Originally Posted by mf0521 View Post
    I dont know where you come up with the one race comment, the super bowl at golden isles has put on some pretty
    big shows over the years with many big name drivers.
    This year maybe the daytime thing or possibly because of just running the night before, or possibly because
    they werent running races last year,who knows.
    Some big names showed up and the racing wasnt bad.
    Its never a bad thing when you get to watch EPJ, TMac, Superman, Billy Moyer race.
    Certainly wasnt a bad way to spend a sunday afternoon in my opinion.
    Next year if they do it again, I will be there, you can stay home and well let you know
    how it went.....
    I have never said the racing there was bad, just not great. Its definitely one of the better facilities around here. All I have said is the super drivers dont like the racetrack.The car count gets less and less every year. The promoters need to figure out why and FIX it. I have been to appox. 200 races there ,over 25 years worth.Why do the supers keep driving by on their way south?

Quote Originally Posted by HighMaintenance2007 View Post
    this is an obvious inside job .....
    Here comes captain screven,
    Inside job, thats you to a tee.
    Stay out of the threads i am on and stick to your screven ones.
    The rest of us will talk racing, your advertising can go in therace events section.

Quote Originally Posted by mf0521 View Post
    Here comes captain screven,
    Inside job, thats you to a tee.
    Stay out of the threads i am on and stick to your screven ones.
    The rest of us will talk racing, your advertising can go in therace events section.
    your not gonna win against him, ignore him, hes screvens pr and announce( he needs to stay off the mic tho) just my opinion and eceryone elses that was there too....

Softness is not really the issue at those type of races. Stuff that makes a 1600 fire like a 1350, and still last is.

I have never said the racing there was bad, just not great. Its definitely one of the better facilities around here. All I have said is the super drivers dont like the racetrack.The car count gets less and less every year. The promoters need to figure out why and FIX it. I have been to appox. 200 races there ,over 25 years worth.Why do the supers keep driving by on their way south?
    I think it had more to do with timing and the track being closed than anything else.
    The uncertainty of it all.
    Throw that in with a full slate at east bay with no break between.
    I hope next year they work it out where there isnt any choosing where to go.
    Please lets not have to deal with that idiot HM again.....................
    \Stick to announcing at screven and leave us alone,
    I dont know what you were dong sunday afternoon but i was watching
    some pretty good drivers go at it. You can go back to driving potential
    patrons away like you normally do.
    Last edited by mf0521; 02-14-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Default Tire Prep

For those who question this, yes tires were checked at both Waycross and Golden Isles. But, I'll be the first to say both tracks are fighting a loosing battle!!!! The tire prep being used today is VERY VERY hard to catch. I do believe there was prepped tires on the track and the way its applied, you will not catch it. Its a no win situation!!!!!

Totally agree!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtfan2757 View Post
    No doubt the showstoppa put on a clinic that night!

they can take the human body down to its life forming dna but they cant detect tire preping. really? most certified labs have no problem breaking down chemicals. dont belive the bs tire preping companys is seliing.

Default Davenport

Davenpoimt

lucas series. Get real use to hearing the name. Jonathan a great wheelman . Wish bowyer would have let him keep number 49.
    But watch out for the 15. He's old school on the gas. If your a tacky high bank track you in for a thrill.

Well, I have seen tire prep put on tires,the team races, samples sent to the labs ( there is two main labs used to do these tests), the lab run tests, and send back that the rubber samples are clean. The real and only way to find the tire prep is to have a chemical lab on site and run the samples as soon as they are put on the car, after they are heated up, and do inside and outside tests. The problem with that, is it causes the show to get slowed by the testing... It's not a quick process, been there done that!!!! The main problem here is, you cant get a TRUE sample from the tire manufacturer because they change the chemical breakdown in the rubber too often... End of last year, there was five different D70 compounds based on chemical breakdown!!!! It's a no win situation for tracks and series to police!!!!

Answer me this.A track sells u a new tire that punches around say 48,but they have a minimum punch rule of 40. Any racer in his right mind is gonna use prep to soften and increase grip. I dont believe there is an effective way to police it., so tracks should leave it alone until someone finds a better way.Who would have ever thought speed would come in a bottle (a rather large bottle at that)?
    Last edited by drtrkr244; 02-14-2012 at 06:17 PM.