Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by stockcar5 View Post
    if i explained it to you you'd piss and moan anyway like always. i drew it out back in 2003 then bought a program. you'd be retarded to try and draw one out now if you own software.
    i figured we were long past explanation when you clowns started comparing stats and asking each other for pics of your wives...lol
    What have I pissed and moaned about ever? I cant even think of another topic on here where I ASKED a question or for help off the top of my head.

retarded would be the geometry on that chassis of yours I just worked on two weeks ago, lol.

yea i hope you get it fixed so chad can win races in it like i did. should be bad fast. he seems like a decent guy so treat him good. he said your jackass sometimes but you know it and your trying to improve yourself. seems like hes willing to give you chances most people wont.

where is he gonna race it?

[QUOTE=stock car driver;1502905]Step 10 in your color pic is the instant center going to the opposite tires centerline.. Thats what Ive said all along. I see what your saying that the instant center of the left suspension which is actaully located on the right comes back to the left tires centerline. That is the tire opposite the instant center point isnt it? lol.. just like Ive said all along.

Alright, It was just a confusion of wording.

When you say that the instant center goes to the opposite tires centerline I was assuming that you meant the left suspension IC went the right side tire contact patch. If you did that the moment center would be above the ground, which you stated numerous times was the case....But its not

Quote Originally Posted by stockcar5 View Post
    seems like hes willing to give you chances most people wont.
    Yeah thats why Im turning people away all the time.

I could build a dozen motors and chassis a year if I wanted too, but being retired theres no sense in doing more than is fun!

2011, 37 3rd members, 11 floaters, 3 nine inches. 3 motors. I know fwd cars dont count in your book so no numbers on them.
    2010, 29 3rd members, re jigged 18 floaters, sold 9 floaters, 2 nine inches.

Ive removed my floaters from my website and also stopped re jigging any floaters about the middle off 2011.
    Last edited by stock car driver; 03-02-2012 at 06:51 PM.

[QUOTE=petermanbuilt;1502916]
    Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Step 10 in your color pic is the instant center going to the opposite tires centerline.. Thats what Ive said all along. I see what your saying that the instant center of the left suspension which is actaully located on the right comes back to the left tires centerline. That is the tire opposite the instant center point isnt it? lol.. just like Ive said all along.

Alright, It was just a confusion of wording.

When you say that the instant center goes to the opposite tires centerline I was assuming that you meant the left suspension IC went the right side tire contact patch. If you did that the moment center would be above the ground, which you stated numerous times was the case....But its not
    Like I said thanks.

I was wondering how it was laid out the old fashioned way when the uppers angle forces the ic outside the tire as in your drawing.. my computer program doesnt explain things and nobody else seemed to know either on here. Clearly many in this thread would JUMP at the chance to TEACH me something! I had no idea how to lay that out nothing in any books I have explains when the ic is outside like that.

im with sockcardriver, if ya believe that roll centers can exsist below the ground than you are truely MISSING somthing

Your roll center could be below ground but I doubt it would handle much better than a Mack truck...

Default Roll centers on g_body

Quote Originally Posted by racingford View Post
    im with sockcardriver, if ya believe that roll centers can exsist below the ground than you are truely MISSING somthing
    I understood the question to be about a stock chassis. So in stock form the lower balljoint
    will be a little heigher than the bolt center where the arm mounts to the chassis An the upper
    balljoint will be a good bit lower than the inner cgassis mount.With these angles the lines drawn
    through them will intersect outside of the chassis & then will go back through the tire center line
    to the center of the chassis. Where the lines cross the center line of the chassis will be below the ground.This will give you a roll center below the ground. Now lower the chassis so the lower arm will be level from the balljoint pivet point to the center of the bolt then do what you need to level out the top arm from balljoint center to the inner mount center. With both arms level the lines through the pivet points will not intersect & this is refered to as ground level roll center.
    Lower the chassis so you have like two deg. from the balljoint center to the bolt center at the chassis
    lower the upper arm inner mount so you will have lets say twelve down angle to the chassis.With
    this the lines will pass through the pivet points toward the center of the chassis & out to the other side intersecting there & back through the tire center past the center line of the chassis. Where the lines cross at the chassis center will be the roll center.Just measure from the floor up to the cross point to see how high the roll center is abgve the ground. In stock form with a very low roll center & a high center of gravity the car wants to roll a lot & will need stiff springs to control this.
    With a heigher roll center & lower center of gravity the car will use softer springs.

dirt2
    Ground Effects Suspension Control

Correcting the stock form on chassis.
    In stock form the lower balljoint center pivet will be a little lower than the inner
    bolt where the arm mounts to the chassis. Just jumped the keys a bit, sorry about that.
    dirt2

Well Said Dirt2, I agree 100%

Dumb question. Were is the ideal place for your roll center to be. What affects does it have moving it up and down, side to side?

Im gonna try and get mine 12 below ground, I want all the body roll I can get!

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Im gonna try and get mine 12 below ground, I want all the body roll I can get!
    LMAO... I hear 12" below ground will cause ya to roll over... I'd start with 6"

Default rcenter

i will chime in just to say that sounds like stkcar5 is on track with whats going on now days with frnt ends i will also agree that the jacking affect is very important as is dynamic measurements but you must have static in the garage before you get dynamic measurments and without a good 3dimensional software stockcardriver jeff your lines on the floor and paper we quit that 20 years ago ,rollcenters below ground level is very easy to obtain. and also 4 whls are faster then 3 thats also something we figured out 20 yrs ago and thats when you need to take alook at the rear rollcntr not the frnt. sounds like your on the right track stockcar5