Default Flaming River Rack

Has anyone ever used or are currently using a steering rack from flaming river? If you are can u tell me the pro's and con's. Thinking about buying one.

Save your money, no advantage. Has the same ratio as factory power steering and rebuilt racks are cheaper. The factory GT or Cobra is 2.5 or 2.75 turns lock to lock, sold mine on e-bay.

Turn hard as hell. They are small but better suited for drag racing. Stick with the stock racks and use power steering if you can. You will never go back to brute force steering.

Quote Originally Posted by Headhunter View Post
    Turn hard as hell. They are small but better suited for drag racing. Stick with the stock racks and use power steering if you can. You will never go back to brute force steering.

Amen to that, take the money you saved not buying that rack and install a steering quickner with a racing power steering pump and you will never look back.

Im with everyone else.. SAVE ur hard earned money... buy a small body steering quickener, and go.. Flaming River crap is way over priced.. I wont buy a thing from them!!

Agreed, flaming river is just more money only, especially for something that has a good chance of gettin bent on a bullring car. I'm running a flaming river rack but only because I was lookin for a manual rack and it was on eBay CHEAP new in box. I put a quickener on a power rack (no power to it) and barely could steer it, put the manual rack in with quickener and it steers fine. Only time I notice any real effort is sittin still. As long as its rolling it's easy to steer. Running asphalt. Ill never run a car without a quickener again! I am curios to what a good power setup would be though how much power is used etc...