Default Mr. 5 time caught cheating ..... AGAIN!!!!!

OMG...there on to him now everybody knows thers like at least a full 2 seconds to be gained out of the damm c pillar.....are you kidding me?

ya don't need a "full 2 seconds"...you only need 2/10's of a second. worth the try?
    www.ctcphotos.com

http://www.ctcphotos.com/hommel.htm

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

but they say stewarts car was legal in the chase last year.cutting a c post is nothing like having 50 hp on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by racin6mod View Post
    but they say stewarts car was legal in the chase last year.cutting a c post is nothing like having 50 hp on the field.

So you do not like Stewart? Fine. Making simple minded remarks doesn't add to the conversation. Every time Stewarts name comes up, you make some inane comment. Yawn

As long as NASCAR slaps them on the wrist then who can blame them. NASCAR goes knucklehead on bowyer a few years back over a hairline off after the race. If NASCAR honestly wants to stop the cheating then park the 48 from the Daytona 500 and remove their eligibility to make the chase. That would stop it.

Cool cheaters

Quote Originally Posted by zeroracing View Post
    As long as NASCAR slaps them on the wrist then who can blame them. NASCAR goes knucklehead on bowyer a few years back over a hairline off after the race. If NASCAR honestly wants to stop the cheating then park the 48 from the Daytona 500 and remove their eligibility to make the chase. That would stop it.
    i agree with you on this need to fine the piss out of the team crew chief and driver !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    race race race

How is it cheating? They presented the car for inspection, it failed, fix the problem and go back through tech. Isn't that the point of tech in the first place?
    Now if they tried to sneak through some type of device that "moved" or changed after inspection to help air flow, now that would be a different story. The c pillars are a "fixed piece" so make them change it and inspect it again.

If you're not pushing the boundries you're sucking hind tit.

Quote Originally Posted by 427c.i. View Post
    How is it cheating? They presented the car for inspection, it failed, fix the problem and go back through tech. Isn't that the point of tech in the first place?
    Now if they tried to sneak through some type of device that "moved" or changed after inspection to help air flow, now that would be a different story. The c pillars are a "fixed piece" so make them change it and inspect it again.

I agree, should be no penalty.

Red face

That aint cheatin, the guys cheatin didn't get caught

sad part of this all , was the car fit on all the templates for the inspection , that came from Speed tv !!! they just didn`t like the looks of them , what a deal !!! and i`m not a JJ fan either

Agreed. I and my buddies last night were talking about the fact that this was PRE - race inspection. The car never took the track...so there should be no issue. But, for some reason NA$CAR thinks if the car is presented to tech they have the right to fine and suspend drivers, crew chiefs or whomever. They are, as far as I know, the only sanctioning body that penalizes cars/crews even when the car never took to the track.
    www.ctcphotos.com

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Back in the Gordon/Evernham era, Evernham bodied a car that fit the templates to a "T" but was heavily worked in between the templates, I think they let it race but told him never to do it again.

They say the first 10 pages of the NASCAR rulebook is because of Smokey Yunick and the rest of it is because of Ray Evernham...you got to admit, some of the stuff the do is pure genius.

For those that like to read, check out the book "Cheating: an inside look at bad things good NASCAR Winston Cup racers do in persuit of speed"

Back in the Gordon/Evernham era, Evernham bodied a car that fit the templates to a "T" but was heavily worked in between the templates, I think they let it race but told him never to do it again.

They say the first 10 pages of the NASCAR rulebook is because of Smokey Yunick and the rest of it is because of Ray Evernham...you got to admit, some of the stuff the do is pure genius.

For those that like to read, check out the book "Cheating: an inside look at bad things good NASCAR Winston Cup racers do in persuit of speed"
    If I remember correctly that was the T-Rex car they ran at the Winston one year. NA$CAR never said what was wrong with it but, said to never bring it back.

I'm amazed at every item deemed "illegal" in all of motorsports. Although, I think the "redneck" NA$CAR guys are the most ingenious. I remember when I was a youngster a reporter showed a "roll" of duct tape that a team had placed on the decklid while the car was being weighed. A NA$CAR inspector went to take it off the lid and found it was lead painted to look like duct tape. It's the "simple" things that get by....sometimes.
    www.ctcphotos.com

Back in the day Waltrip did some ASA racing and got caught with a lead helmet on the roof of the car as it was weighed, crew switched out the real one from the roof as it was going to the scales.
    'Ol D.W. had a lot of lead shaped toys back then and it's funny how if it was cool, he'll admit to having it it, if it was uncool...well, he would never stoop to such antics...depends on the type of interview.
    I still think one of the best was Bloomquist with lead in the covers of the rear tires and back of car that a crewman would run out and put on right after the race before scaling.

And I think the T Rex car is what I was thinking of!
    Last edited by 427c.i.; 02-19-2012 at 06:01 PM.

They aren`t done w Chad...based on his past record....during all those Championships..

What didn`t they catch ?
    Feb 11-13 2016 Winter Freeze VI World Of Outlaws Super Late Models
    Open Wheel Modifieds & More tba
    SLM & OWM Chassis & Mfg CHAMPIONSHIP CUP
    SYLVANIA GA www.ScrevenMotorSports.com

I may be wrong but I think chad and hms is going to get a huge fine and chad will be at the shop or home for a few sunday's.when the cot car's came about they were told do not mess with them. the teams pay to have the cars certified by nascar so at one point that car was legal and they modified the roof post after it was certified.so to me nascar is going to set a standard here and fine them big so no ther team will try anything like it.

Fines do not work much to the top guys. Fines only hurt teams like Carl Long. Parking the car and the sponsor will take care of it. The first time Lowes or Home Depot was parked they would move their money to another team and make their point. Best thing they could ever do is park the actual car.

Disclaimer, I am not blaming any team for cheating in NASCAR, just get tired of seeing NASCAR act like they are committed to stopping it, and the boss. When they let some teams walk all over them and the return is just a wrist slap.

NASCAR needs to drop the dumb top 35 make it anyways. It would be much more exciting if they had no provisionals. Also would make the smaller teams that make the show a ton of bank selling their spot to a big team or when the sponsor gives cash to the small team to get their name on tv. Seeing Lowes or Budwiser on a small team would make the sport better overall.

The problem is that fans do not go to nascar races to see smaller teams. Nascar is never going to allow the top teams to miss a show and shouldn't. Qualifying is over rated anyway. I am simply looking at this from the business side, and that is what it is all about. If it wasn't about that, Mrs Patrick would be far down the food chain as far as drivers that are qualified to have a shot at Nascar.