Default Anyone ever build a mazda?

I just bought a mazda b2000 pickup to build into a race truck. Any thoughts or suggestions? I don't want to hear "that was a bad idea." I will make it work, and I will make it competitive.

i think thats what the allisno legacy cars are or were running.

http://www.allisonlegacy.com/series.htm

Default Anyone ever build a mazda?

Had a couple of Mazdas running at my track in past years, they had the 2300 Ford motors and were very quick. Truck is lighter than the S10 and Ranger and they ran up front most races.

Default Mazda truck

Have 2-3 guys at evans mills running mazda trucks.One of them ran with us at Bethel and Shang.They run pretty good,two are 2200,s and one is a 2600.The 2600 has won a few races and all of them run in the top 10 most weeks.Easy to adjust with the torsion bars.Need to watch out for rusted frames and bar mounts.Flatlander racing has some good engine kits and as stated,Allison series

What motor are you planning to use? I had a difficult time finding parts when I rebuilt my dads 1.8L and it was a stock re-build. I think there are more parts available for the 2200 motors.
    Yes frame rot behind the cab was a big problem with those trucks I had to cut the frame out and added steel and then boxed it all in on both sides and the shackle mounts in the rear I needed to repair also

Newer B2300/b2500 are just rebadged Rangers. With your plans for no intermarraige of engines will you allow a B2000/B2200/B2600(old style Mazda) with a B2300/B2500(actually a Ford)engine???
    Better be clear up front with your drivers or I'd build me one of those light old style trucks with Ford power for sure.

The early Courior/Mazda is a Ford I cant see why you cant put a ford in the place of the 1.8 Mazda engine. Seen a lot of guys do it, and they can be very competitive. F ord and mazda have been working together for years.
    dr6 motorsports

Well, the engine has to be available in that make and model, regardless of year. So the early B-series truck is the same thing as a Courier. So whatever engine I put in it has to have been available in a courier at some point...

Default mazda

I think that going with a 2.3 ford and badgeing the truck as a Courier would be the way to go.I,m pretty sure that would get it thur tech.You can build a 2200 mazda engine but it gets costly(Ithink we paid $85 for a head gasket)

Quote Originally Posted by dannyracer6 View Post
    The early Courior/Mazda is a Ford I cant see why you cant put a ford in the place of the 1.8 Mazda mats engine. Seen a lot of guys do it, and they can be very competitive. F ord and mazda have been working together for years.
    ^ True that. Both Mazda and Ford have been doing great job in the race track. I just don't know for sure the right build for it but with right details and stuff, you'll get it right.
    Last edited by cswitch11; 07-29-2012 at 06:49 AM.

Hi dear i like your topic about Mazda i like it since my childhood i have it also and its running awesome and its look very beautiful and decorative my all friends like it and want to drive it then i feel a big proud of it....