Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by TeamGRT12x View Post
    Worked in Autobody after high school, seen plenty of them and never had a race car on an alignment rack. So a car with a turned stub, you're going to square up with the front end then right? Or are you going to input the measurements at the midplate into the system as a square point? Also remember, caster is going to play a part in your wheelbase. To correctly square a car you must use square points on the chassis, intended to be used to square the car.

Point being, it's not going to help. By the time you've loaded the car up and hassled with a rack, you could have had it done with a tape measure and common sense.
    No input needed, my clips were all metric so I pick a 78-87 metric car on the machine. That's the base, then you look at the numbers to see where everything is. It will show by the measurements if the front clip is turned. I don't look at wheel base just in case the clip is turned, 0 thrust line no matter what the car means the axle is square to the chassis.

It's just another way to check it, even if you have never used one. Also I scale mine on the rack and jump in the car to see how much all the measurements change if any. So it does help.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Theres nothing to check with a alignment rack on a racing chassis that has been built with the stub turned and not Square to start with.
    So you have used one then ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtrunner35 View Post
    So you have used one then ?
    wtf are you retarded?

wtf are you retarded?
    Wow, I like when someone doesn't agree with someone they get really angry.
    Last edited by Dirtrunner35; 02-29-2012 at 08:13 PM.

wtf are you retarded?
    Jeff is not a man of his word... this is a message i got on facebook after our last conversation on 4m

"hey this is stock car driver

Im taking your advice, Ive removed 100 of my posts from 4 m so far. Ill spend this weeks spare time deleting them all till they are gone, thanks for being such a jealous ball baby bitch and pointing out how much of my time i waste on there..

Im going to stop thanks to you. this summer Ill use my rv, bass boat and jeepster more often.

thanks again"

Jeff have a change of heart? just cant go keep that diarea mouth shut? The guy was trying to have a conversation with you and this is your response. Please do us all a favor and keep your word from your message.
    Last edited by powerslide; 02-29-2012 at 10:24 PM.

I've learned you can't help people that don't want to help themselves. A frame rack is not going to help square your race car, end of story. If you can't correctly use a tape measure you shouldn't be racing in the first place.
    Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.

No not end of story, lol. A lot more work but you could square a chassis with a frame rack if you put it on a rack after you just had it built and make your own points for the targets. Then if you thought it was bent you could check it. Like I said, a lot of work and most people wouldn't have access to one.

I check all the time with an alignment rack crashed cars, ( body shop ) for the rear axle being bent, rear toe, camber and thrust line of the axle. I have access to one and have always done it like this.

Wow, I like when someone doesn't agree with someone they get really angry.
    U are obviously retarded, to ask a guy a question he just answered for you in his previous post, lol.

No input needed, my clips were all metric so I pick a 78-87 metric car on the machine. That's the base, then you look at the numbers to see where everything is. It will show by the measurements if the front clip is turned. I don't look at wheel base just in case the clip is turned, 0 thrust line no matter what the car means the axle is square to the chassis.

It's just another way to check it, even if you have never used one. Also I scale mine on the rack and jump in the car to see how much all the measurements change if any. So it does help.
    Dirtrunner A couple questions please...

Do you run a turned clip modified?

When you align the chassis, do you do it off the front clip?

If you align off the front clip, how do you figure in the skewed frame,,, input the skewed numbers??

Is the rearend square with the frame or the front clip according to the machine.

Is the 0 thrust line thru the front clip or the main frame??

I went to a automotive school 36 years ago and forgot how to run one; I use a tape measure now.
    Last edited by DaveBauerSS6; 03-04-2012 at 10:50 PM.

U are obviously retarded, to ask a guy a question he just answered for you in his previous post, lol.
    No jeff I'm not retarded thanks. I don't see my question answered from you unless your talking about someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveBauerSS6 View Post
    Dirtrunner A couple questions please...

Do you run a turned clip modified? -- -

When you align the chassis, do you do it off the front clip?

If you align off the front clip, how do you figure in the skewed frame,,, input the skewed numbers??

Is the rear end square with the frame or the front clip according to the machine.

Is the 0 thrust line thru the front clip or the main frame??

I went to a automotive school 36 years ago and forgot how to run one; I use a tape measure now.
    Do you run a turned clip modified? -- -( My old car was yes. I have a o6 pierce now, I heard the front clip is turned but I'm not sure yet, haven't checked it yet.)

When you align the chassis, do you do it off the front clip? ( The thrust line is off the rear axle, no matter where the front clip is turned the thrust line stays with the rear axle. Like a old fire engine with rear steer, the rear axle goes to the right and thrust line goes to the right.)

Is the rear end square with the frame or the front clip according to the machine. The frame.

Is the 0 thrust line thru the front clip or the main frame?? (The thrust line is where the axle is pointed, so if the thrust line is straight threw the chassis, the axle is squared under the chassis.)

The first alignment rack I used was a bishmen I think, and a lite o line. An alignment rack is just another way to help do this.
    Last edited by Dirtrunner35; 03-05-2012 at 08:46 PM.

ok, so you have tried to align one with a machine ?

shucks now my rear end is not square, hmmm whats all these little lites and why does it keep saying recalibrate. oh well, DOES ANYBODY HAVE A TAPE ,A SQUARE ,AND A PLUM BOB LOLL!

Default Blacksheep

I checked my front end and the stub is turned 3/4 inch

I checked my front end and the stub is turned 3/4 inch
    OK thanks, I've been wrong before. I think Mine measures a little different.

Quote Originally Posted by really? View Post
    shucks now my rear end is not square, hmmm whats all these little lites and why does it keep saying recalibrate. oh well, DOES ANYBODY HAVE A TAPE ,A SQUARE ,AND A PLUM BOB LOLL!
    lol lol what little lights