Exclamation $15,000 Cherokee March Madness X Sat & Sun March 3rd & 4th Race Thread

Cherokee Speedway $15,000 March Madness X Set for March 3rd & 4th

Cherokee Speedway will kick off its 2012 racing season on March 3rd and 4th with the tenth edition of 'March Madness' featuring an Old-Fashioned Unsanctioned $15,000 to win Super Late Model show, the largest winner's purse paid at the famed speedway in modern history. This will be an Outlaw event pitting Hoosier vs. American Racer tire, utilizing the Lucas Series tire rule of nothing softer than 1300 or SD44 and Punch Rule in effect.

Cherokee Speedway is still fresh on the minds of fans for a spectacular season ending Blue Gray 100 that many regard as one of the best races ever at the historic speedway. 'Superman' Jonathan Davenport kept the crowd on their feet as he went on to beat out a star studded field which included Dale McDowell, Chris Madden, Dennis Erb Jr, Booper Bare, Earl Pearson Jr, Steve Shaver and his new Clint Bowyer racing team mate Jared Landers. Davenport is expected to be on hand to defend his 2011 March Madness 9 victory, another great race where he edged Scott Bloomquist to the checkered flag. The driver list is getting longer each day, and Cherokee Speedway plans to hold an open practice Saturday Feb 25th from 1-5 PM to allow teams to shake down their new cars.

The lineup for Saturday March 3rd will include hot laps for Super Late Model, Crate Late Model, Crate Sportsman, Limited Sportsman, Renegade, Stock 4, FWD, and Young Guns. Qualifying will include Super Late Model (2 Laps), and Crate Late Model (2 Laps). Heat races will include Super Late Model (8 Laps), Crate Late Model (8 Laps), Crate Sportsman (5 Laps), Limited Sportsman (6 Laps), Renegade (5 Laps), Stock 4 (5 Laps), FWD (5 Laps), and Young Guns (5 Laps). Main events on Saturday will include Renegade (10 Laps), FWD (10 Laps), and Young Guns (10 Laps). Cherokee Speedway will also be having a 45 minute open practice at the conclusion of Saturday's main events - as well as an outside Pit Party for fans and racers spending the night.

The lineup for Sunday March 4th will include hot laps for Super Late Model, Crate Late Model, Crate Sportsman, Limited Sportsman, and Stock 4. The program will also include the last chance consolation races for Super Late Model in which will be 10 Laps. Main events on Sunday will include Super Late Model (75 Laps) $15,000 to win, Crate Late Model (20 Laps), Crate Sportsman (10 Laps), Limited Sportsman (12 Laps), and Stock 4 (10 Laps).

Gates will open both days at 10 AM, Drawing at 10:30 AM, Drivers Meeting at 12:00 PM and Hot Laps immediately following. Admission will be as follows: Stands (Sat. $10) (Sun. $25) (2 Day Pass $30) / Pits (Sat. $20) (Sun. $35) (2 Day Pass $45).

For schedule, point standings and Cherokee Speedway is conveniently located off of I-85 exit 96 in Gaffney, SC. Physical Address is 153 Speedway Drive in Gaffney, SC 29341. Track phone is (864) 489-1969. More info can be found online at www.cherokeespeedwaysc.com and visit our Facebook page @ www.facebook.com/cherokeespeedway for the most up to date race information.

It would be nice if they were running Supers on Sun only like in years past.
    Chris Madden, 5 times Southern Nationals Champion!!!!

i agree seifertfan2 , i`d prefer it to be a one day show for the supers like in years past . its a pretty long ride for me to go and i`d like to see qualifying and heats . as someone said it now forces some teams to choose between cherokee and green valley . and for us fans who drives a long way it forces us to go on saturday to see qual. and heats and get a hotel room , or just go on sunday and miss out qual. and heats , or not go at all.......

$5,000 more to the winner (plus more $$ spread throughout the field) and an additional 15 laps (that I talked the big man into)..........you do get more than ever from previous years.....hope you all can make it!!

will be there dirtman !!! if not both days then definately sunday.....

Dirtman, any new names to add to that list? Its loking like Im going to be there both days now. I cant wait.
    Chris Madden, 5 times Southern Nationals Champion!!!!

I'm very interested to see the field attracted by this UNSANCTIONED $15,000 to win race. And likewise the UNSANCTIONED Carolina Crown at Lancaster 2 weeks later. These will be bellweather events for the future of SLM racing in the Carolinas.

CAROLINA CLASH THE WEEK IN BETWEEN @ CAROLINA for $5,000 MAY JUST TIE IT ALL TOGETHER

RICKY ELLIOT COMING DOWN FOR THAT ONE, THEN STAYING OVER FOR LANK~STAA !
    Feb 11-13 2016 Winter Freeze VI World Of Outlaws Super Late Models
    Open Wheel Modifieds & More tba
    SLM & OWM Chassis & Mfg CHAMPIONSHIP CUP
    SYLVANIA GA www.ScrevenMotorSports.com

And ULTIMATE at CCS the week after Lancaster makes for a special month along the state line!

Talk around the pit area at bubba & volusia has been with it being unsanctioned how well will the tire soaking be policed...several teams suspected some softening went on at waycross & golden isle by the front runners and they were "unsanctioned" events...seems the word is that its some what felt now that if you don't have some type of sanction then the softening goes unchecked fairly across the board...not to say that this would happen at this event but some of the suspected cars at waycross & golden isles will most likely be at Cherokee...a lot of drivers don't trust "unsanctioned" races anymore...but I do agree that you don't have to have a sanction to have a great show...I also agree to take the sanction money & put it into the purse...after a month of racing in Georgia & Florida teams can use every dollar they can get...

I can tell you that MANY drivers and teams have been calling about this weekend's race. I have some names listed of those that have called and/or expressed interest in some way.

Ross Bailes www.rossbailesracing.com
    Booper Bare www.booperbare.com/schedule.php
    Donald Bradsher http://donaldbradsher.webs.com/2012tour.htm
    Chip Brindle www.brysonmotorsport.com
    Jonathan Davenport www.jonathandavenport.net/schedule.html
    Chris Ferguson http://chrisfergusonmotorsports.com
    Steve Francis http://stevefrancisracing.com/schedule
    Rambo Dennis Franklin
    Jared Landers www.jaredlanders.com/events.html
    Chris Madden www.chrismadden44.com/tour.html
    Dale McDowell www.dalemcdowell.com/tour3.html
    Johnny Pursley www.johnnypursleyracing.com
    Casey Roberts
    Jeff Smith
    Ricky Weeks

Possibles (Lucas Guys looking to get track time for Lucas Show June 22nd at Cherokee)
    Tim Allen
    Daniel Baggerly
    Casey Barrow
    John Blakenship
    Larry Blankenship
    Jeff Cooke
    Brent Dixon
    Dennis Erb
    Mike Gault
    John Henderson
    Mike Marlar
    Timmy McCreadie
    Zach Mitchell
    Earl Pearson Jr
    Last edited by Dirtman; 03-02-2012 at 12:53 PM.

As of now the show is scheduled to go on as a 2 day Sat & Sun show planned below:
    The lineup for Saturday March 3rd will include hot laps for Super Late Model, Crate Late Model, Crate Sportsman, Limited Sportsman, Renegade, Stock 4, FWD, and Young Guns. Qualifying will include Super Late Model (2 Laps), and Crate Late Model (2 Laps). Heat races will include Super Late Model (8 Laps), Crate Late Model (8 Laps), Crate Sportsman (5 Laps), Limited Sportsman (6 Laps), Renegade (5 Laps), Stock 4 (5 Laps), FWD (5 Laps), and Young Guns (5 Laps). Main events on Saturday will include Renegade (10 Laps), FWD (10 Laps), and Young Guns (10 Laps). Cherokee Speedway will also be having a 45 minute open practice at the conclusion of Saturday's main events - as well as an outside Pit Party for fans and racers spending the night.

The lineup for Sunday March 4th will include hot laps for Super Late Model, Crate Late Model, Crate Sportsman, Limited Sportsman, and Stock 4. The program will also include the last chance consolation races for Super Late Model in which will be 10 Laps. Main events on Sunday will include Super Late Model (75 Laps) $15,000 to win, Crate Late Model (20 Laps), Crate Sportsman (10 Laps), Limited Sportsman (12 Laps), and Stock 4 (10 Laps).

In case of Inclement Weather and we are unable to race Saturday, Cherokee Speedway will run the full $15,000 Super Late Model show with Limited Sportsman, Crate Sportsman, Stock 4 & Crate Late Model classes on Sunday. Changes will be made in support divisions to accommodate a 1 day show. The Speedway plans to have the $15,000 Super Late Model Main Event on the track no later than 5:30 for the fans and drivers. Admission prices would not change.

Gates will open both days at 10 AM, Drawing at 10:30 AM, Drivers Meeting at 12:00 PM and Hot Laps immediately following. Admission will be as follows: Stands (Sat. $10) (Sun. $25) (2 Day Pass $30) / Pits (Sat. $20) (Sun. $35) (2 Day Pass $45).

Visit our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/cherokeespeedway for the most up to date race information.

Default Lucas Oil Drivers

Looking like they will be racing there. With woo guys running Bash. Its been the norm for the 1st part of the year. At least every body gets some great drivers. Been to 3 march madness races all have been really good.

Quote Originally Posted by 105mph View Post
    Talk around the pit area at bubba & volusia has been with it being unsanctioned how well will the tire soaking be policed...several teams suspected some softening went on at waycross & golden isle by the front runners and they were "unsanctioned" events...seems the word is that its some what felt now that if you don't have some type of sanction then the softening goes unchecked fairly across the board...not to say that this would happen at this event but some of the suspected cars at waycross & golden isles will most likely be at Cherokee...a lot of drivers don't trust "unsanctioned" races anymore...but I do agree that you don't have to have a sanction to have a great show...I also agree to take the sanction money & put it into the purse...after a month of racing in Georgia & Florida teams can use every dollar they can get...
    I can promise you that being sanctioned dont matter with tires being prepped!!!! One of the major labs has found treatment in samples and nothing has been said about any drivers penalized for this. I also know that tires were checked at Waycross and Golden Isles. I also know that there was tire prep there and the way it was applied, you wont catch it!!!!! I have done so much testing, sampling, etc, etc, etc on this stuff that it's a lost cause to try and stop it. If you dont have an onsight lab, you are wasting your time. Plus, with Hoosier changing the chemical breakdown of there tires, you really dont know what hydrocarbons are actually in the tires or in the prep!!!!!Yeah, if a guy over does the treatment, you can catch him, but that's someone that dont know how or what they are doing!!!! Again, good luck trying to catch it!!!!

Going racing TODAY as planned!!