Default crankshaft question

was wondering which would be the better of the two a 1182 gm steel shaft or a series 9000 scat cast shaft would be turning engine around 6500.

oem cast
    scat

1182 crack in oval track, they dont break just crack if you run it a few nights and mag it youll see.

Oem cast flexes I believe. Ive never broke a oem gm.. While Ive broke a few scat 9000s. All with heavy speed pro pistons.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    oem cast
    scat

1182 crack in oval track, they dont break just crack if you run it a few nights and mag it youll see.

Oem cast flexes I believe. Ive never broke a oem gm.. While Ive broke a few scat 9000s. All with heavy speed pro pistons.
    Me too. Broken several steel GM cranks and "Scat"ter cast cranks, but never a cast GM. I'd go with an Eagle way b4 a Scat, same on rods...
    Gill T. Azell

Ran a cheap scat crank turning 7000 in several different motors for 4 years making any were from 410 to 453 at the tires depending ci. Ran them with eagle sir rods and srp pistons, those are fairly light pistons and and rods.

I too have had great luck with the factory cast cranks. Just make sure everything is balanced.
    My sarcasm is a pre-emptive strike to your stupidity!!