Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Regardless of how many cars & who shot who

& who sits home n the recliner in Mamas basement & second guesses

the 22nd starters choice of tires

& how much color so & so has in his new graphics scheme

& if their hauler is registered as an RV

& how their fantasy whatever team is doing. .....

The lineup tells me there WILL be FIREWORKS TOMORROW

Gonna be one Hell of a race tomorrow..
    Feb 11-13 2016 Winter Freeze VI World Of Outlaws Super Late Models
    Open Wheel Modifieds & More tba
    SLM & OWM Chassis & Mfg CHAMPIONSHIP CUP
    SYLVANIA GA www.ScrevenMotorSports.com

DG you are right, there are a couple feuds & rivalries to keep an eye on this afternoon, & all the while Bloomer trying to move from the ninth row to the front.

Beautiful weather!

& the whole show today will be composed solely of 5 feature events.

I expect more Crates to show up, as well as a few more SLM.

Question

Im not there so I dont really have a say in this, but doesnt really seem fair to the guys that have run everything up til now. BUT...at the same time, I know the race promoters want the fans to see a great show and the best way to do that is to let drivers (especially of Bloomers caliber) tag the tail of a 18 car field. Goes to show that you cant please all the people all of the time. Decisions, decisions!!! Anyway hope they have a great race!!!
    GO #L7, #66 & #11

about to leave the house and just got word and wanted to keep everyone updated:

Update on Bloomquist - broken axle on car trailer, we be late IF they can get it repaired (From Chris Madden). Not sure of any other cars that may have came - still going to be one heck of a show this afternoon!!!

Default 2-day shows

Hopefully promoters see that 2 days shows only work for HUGE paying events .. why keep race teams and fans hostage for 2 days ... I for one am willing to pay much more for the single day show ... overall it cost less in the end. JMO

I think this has to do with more speedweeks just ending a week ago and teams simply just wanna go back home and regroup.

But there was no need to stretch it into a 2 day show. If anything have the lower classes run full programs the day before and then have the big show on sunday afternoon.

- Bloomquist to start 16th in 44s Madden back up car. 20 cars John Henderson here and was 5th fastest in first practice session. Landers, Davenport, Madden, Bailes round out so far. Francis, McDowell, Rambo and Bloomquist about to practice next. 2nd main of 5 on track now.

Default Fill ins

If there is less than 24 cars to start the race, and some did not attempt to qualify or pratice on day 1, then the second day sign ins should not get the guaranted money to start. Just my 2 cents worth.

At 2 cents I think you were overpaid.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazee View Post
    The weather sucked today i can see why some teams didn't make the trip i didn't think they would get qualifying and heats in myself, i will be there tomorrow to watch the action and i hope they get a full field
    I dont know how you can say that, the rain was gone by 9 am and the sun was shining for awhile. I dont know what hurt the car count myself but there was never a doubt in my mind they werent going to get Sats show in.
    Chris Madden, 5 times Southern Nationals Champion!!!!

We couldn't make it there this weekend. I thank the promoter for sticking to the advertised payout despite the low car count. Can't blame him for allowing late comers to tag the field. It was talked about previously, so none of the drivers should be bothered by that.

Quote Originally Posted by seifertfan2 View Post
    I don't know how you can say that, the rain was gone by 9 am and the sun was shining for awhile. I don't know what hurt the car count myself but there was never a doubt in my mind they weren't going to get Sats show in.
    It was still raining Saturday morning at my house (Spartanburg)..... it did clear up but many of the teams would have had to travel Friday night (to get there early for Sat) and the weather was very bad that night. I can see why some didn't chance it.

But like you, I knew Buff was going to run it as scheduled if it was at possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtman View Post
    It was still raining Saturday morning at my house (Spartanburg)..... it did clear up but many of the teams would have had to travel Friday night (to get there early for Sat) and the weather was very bad that night. I can see why some didn't chance it.

But like you, I knew Buff was going to run it as scheduled if it was at possible.
    You assume there will be a race until there won`t be .

In this case, Lennie did what Rock Gault would do .

He stuck to his guns & did what he said he would do .....So did THE FANS..

OTHERS ...did NOT .

Did they send a MESSAGE to other promoters?

We will see later .

Gotta wonder how FAR this ' Purse Cap' talk goes..
    Feb 11-13 2016 Winter Freeze VI World Of Outlaws Super Late Models
    Open Wheel Modifieds & More tba
    SLM & OWM Chassis & Mfg CHAMPIONSHIP CUP
    SYLVANIA GA www.ScrevenMotorSports.com