Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cherokee Speedway Car Count

I have got a question how many Supers does cherokee have and also how is the track conditions.

18 cars in the pits...13 crates...
    Track was tacky to start...drying out now..hard to believe after 3 inches of rain...
    Disappointing car count to say the least...

That # is hard to believe. Paying at least $500 to start might draw a few field fillers to Sunday's race.

Quote Originally Posted by 105mph View Post
    18 cars in the pits...13 crates...
    Track was tacky to start...drying out now..hard to believe after 3 inches of rain...
    Disappointing car count to say the least...
    Not a big shock. Lennie is awesome at screwing up a good thing.
    Insane Motorsports: Insane Racing Graphics, Bodies and Interiors, GM Crate Engines, Powder Coating.

Stout field of cars (I'll post line-up soon). Not a full field, but Lucas and Clash guys sat out.......weather didn't help but give the big man credit, Lennie always tried to get the show in.

Racing was good, 2 grooves, sometimes 3 if you were there (third heat between Roberts, Rambo & Dixon).

Heat races were good, Bradsher biggest heat win ever holding off Steve Francis and Davenport (who got into the wall in qualifying), Jared Landers (who also hit wall in qualifying) used the high side with 2 to go to pass Cherokee dominate Chris Madden for the win followed by a smooth Ty Dillon in heat #2. Casey Roberts passed Rambo at 1/2 way for the win in heat 3 with Brent Dixon (3rd car to hit wall in qualifying) in a close third.

Any car in the top 10 CAN WIN this race......and YES BLACK SUNSHINE is predicted for tomorrows forecast -details and write up to follow!!
    Last edited by Dirtman; 03-03-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Just posted staring line-up at:

www.facebook.com/cherokeespeedway

Only 18 supers for a 15 grand to win show, wow

Cool car count

why would they let anybody run that did not quail-fie for the race .........
    race race race

Yeah...I totally agree with that statement...had 15 guys come with travel and race expenses...run tires off in 5 car heat races...(embarrassing to try to make them sound good to say the least) burn fuel & all the work of qualifing & heats & now cars will be allowed to start in the rear and get a paycheck if they only run 1 lap...that's showing no respect for the ones that came to support you in the 1st place...and now they scratch their heads & wonder where the cars are...imo

Traditionally Cherokee has always let cars that wanted to tag the tail of the consi races on a 2 day show that chance. This is nothing new just happens to be a smaller field than usual.

They should have to run for a reduced purse in this case.I would be p!ssed if I was one of the 18 that was there for the first day.

As far as the cars coming in on the last day and starting in the back. The track should charge them double the pit passes and make them pay full entry fee, if not more.

I know some tracks around my neck of the woods have done that on specials that had less than full field. I dont blame them one bit.

Or,run 1/2 the show,run for 1/2 the purse.

come on - you would also have pissed if the purse was cut too. The man said he was going to run a 2 day $15,000 show and stuck to his guns, despite bad weather and another track scheduling against him.

I am also pretty sure it was discussed today at the drivers meeting that cars could tag consi tomorrow. If the drivers there didn't have a problem with it or knew before the race started, then what does it matter? They will have to pay fee and pit pass like everyone else -
    Last edited by Dirtman; 03-03-2012 at 08:24 PM.

Why do they keep talking about tagging to the consi's...surely to goodness their not running consi's tomorrow with only 15 cars running the heats...tell us that's not what their planning...???

Question

the 24 car field would have had consi races.

I am the only one talking about it.....i was not at drivers meeting today, but get you a pit pass and attend the meeting tomorrow if you are that worried about it. You complain about lack of cars, then turn right around and complain at the thought of possibly adding a few, and/or the possibility of having a consi race if more show.

Like it or not, they have done and are doing all they can to put on a great show for the fans and drivers. Most of your posts on 4m are complaints - and It's obvious from your posts this week that nothing Cherokee does will please you, your mind about this race was made up before it started:

Quote Originally Posted by 105mph View Post
    Wow...15 more laps...Should of ask for 15 less...maybe that would help it not be a train race...

I understand how it works.I have showed up an ran the 2nd day of a 2 day show myself.That still doesnt make it right for those that were there both days.
    You stated consi's were only for a 24 car field.What happens if every limited,crate and slm driver within 100 miles shows up tomorrow trying to tag the field and pick up an easy 500.00 ? I realize that won't happen,but what if it did? Would they qualify for starting spots ?That would be the only fair way to line up a consi.

Quote Originally Posted by nuff said View Post
    I understand how it works.I have showed up an ran the 2nd day of a 2 day show myself.That still doesnt make it right for those that were there both days.
    You stated consi's were only for a 24 car field.What happens if every limited,crate and slm driver within 100 miles shows up tomorrow trying to tag the field and pick up an easy 500.00 ? I realize that won't happen,but what if it did? Would they qualify for starting spots ?That would be the only fair way to line up a consi.
    Not my decision, and certainly not one anyone would have expected to make. I do not know for sure, I guess it depends on how many (if any) show up. I wasn't going to post about those couple teams calling about starting the tail/consi but I thought fans would want to know it was a very strong possibility a few more drivers may make the trip - didn't mean to cause a stink. It was a double edged sword lol.

I still say if it was addressed with the field today, then its a non issue. A few more race cars ain't ever hurt a thing....

No problem here.Just a little bored.There is a possibility that more than 24 could show up,but doubtful.If I was close by with a car in the in the shop ready to go I would show up to make a few laps if it paid 500.00 to start and all I had to do was tag the field and not race my way in
    I agree,the more cars that show up the better.

The weather sucked today i can see why some teams didn't make the trip i didn't think they would get qualifying and heats in myself, i will be there tomorrow to watch the action and i hope they get a full field