Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 90/10 shock on the rear

I was just wondering how many degrees the 90/10 shock on top of a rear should be uphill at ride hgt ?

not many people run em any more. middle hole should be safe ???? somethin about delays the hook? plus you got one shock on the 5th coil thats pretty much controlling axle wrap up. iv ran one and not ran one couldn tella difference so left it off

Default 90/10 shock

nobody know anything about this come on.

Don't run them anymore ...Took the bracket off the QC on our GRT years ago...

Should be level at ride height.

Why have you guys stopped running the 90-10??

k

Oops. I read it wrong. I was thinking the left rear front shock.

k

I think that its older technology. We have not ran one in many years. We did try to run a dummy shock up there one time "just to see" and I felt no difference. So we took the brackets off and have never Looked back.

I think it is not necessary if you are running the 5th and 6th coils. The 90-10 can limit the rear steer, from what I understand.

Default 90/10 shock

Well i know they work we ran on a 09 Smackdown car and it really helped plus the driver liked it, he said it tightend the car up alot ,I just couldn't remember if it was supposed to be level or uphill 5 to 10 degrees.

When we did have a 90/10 on top of quick change it was up hill at 12* at ride height...Seemed like it slowed down forward drive and perhaps rear steer

They can still work. It is just a tuning tool that has been tossed aside for years. I think the last time I ran one or helped someone with one on a 4 link was maybe 1999. You can tune the angle. I would stay level to uphill 10 degrees.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by dchamp3 View Post
    Well i know they work we ran on a 09 Smackdown car and it really helped plus the driver liked it, he said it tightend the car up alot ,I just couldn't remember if it was supposed to be level or uphill 5 to 10 degrees.
    I ran one alot on our smackdown cars as well. We don't on the Gen X stuff but its a completely different beast.

Thanks for getting back on this subject, the only time we want run this is when its super slick.

some are running 90/10's now but have 250 psi gas pressure to give more traction

I know of a very well known chassis builder/racer who's cars are supposed to be very secretive that runs one all the time.
    "Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."
    — Heraclitus

Quote Originally Posted by jrkracing54 View Post
    I know of a very well known chassis builder/racer who's cars are supposed to be very secretive that runs one all the time.
    It may be easy to say he has one on it, IT is REALLY tough to say WHAT he has on it. If it is the person I am thinking of he used to have a mount to put it on that made it look like it was hooked to the rear even when it was not. He is the KING of "look at this" while you miss 10 other things.

I used one back in the tailout, right front brake shut off, 60%+ rear weight and drive it with the right foot days. Now with rear steer, car under you, centralized weight, new shocks and all the other gizmos I dont miss it. Really am not going alot faster just going fast more consistantly.

its been 3-4years since i worked on a late model. Has everyone really stopped using the RF shut off?

We have one, he hasn't used it in 2 years..LOL