Default I need powerglide help

I have an external valve direct drive powerglide, my problem is I have park with engine off but when I try to start it it will jump the park pin
    and turn, turn engine off it is in park, the valve is open to bypass the fluid, what am I missing?? thanks

The valve, hose, fittings all bypass the pressurized fluid from the pump to the pan. If any one of them is too small, it forms a restriction to increase pressure and apply the band or clutches.
    With the manual valve in park, the fluid should be returned to the pan. The manual valve is connected to the shift arm by a S link. Pull the pan and check the linkage.
    Last edited by DaveBauerSS6; 03-07-2012 at 01:48 AM.

Hey Dave, you going to race any this year?? Need to take a look at the new class at Madera...$1,000 to win with no minimum car count...I think a Bako Hobby would clean up...

Quote Originally Posted by sj valley dave View Post
    Hey Dave, you going to race any this year?? Need to take a look at the new class at Madera...$1,000 to win with no minimum car count...I think a Bako Hobby would clean up...
    Running the IMCA Stock car at Hanford full time. The Super needs 3 more weeks to finish. Will race it as time allows. Did alot of changes to the 3 link. It had forward bite the leafs never had.
    I've got too many irons going now, Madera looks like a good deal.
    Last edited by DaveBauerSS6; 03-07-2012 at 01:45 AM.