Default Right Rear upper 4 Bar

What is the flattest you can run the upper 4 bar on the right rear in the slick?

That is a really tough question to answer. There are countless variables that come into play to answer that question.

I've generally found that there's a threshold, or window, of all of these things. If I lower my RRU a few degrees up to, but not over, my threshold point, the car rotates in to the corner the same but rotates less when I pick up the throttle. If I pass my threshold point, the car loosens substantially on entry. I think it's because the bar isn't propping up the RR as much and it lets the RR "flop down", inducing loose roll steer. If I feel like I need the bar that low but want to keep my entry neutral, then I'll raise my RR spring rate. 25 lbs more spring generally does the trick.

You'll just have to find that point on your car through testing.

Quote Originally Posted by HRJ View Post
    That is a really tough question to answer. There are countless variables that come into play to answer that question.

I've generally found that there's a threshold, or window, of all of these things. If I lower my RRU a few degrees up to, but not over, my threshold point, the car rotates in to the corner the same but rotates less when I pick up the throttle. If I pass my threshold point, the car loosens substantially on entry. I think it's because the bar isn't propping up the RR as much and it lets the RR "flop down", inducing loose roll steer. If I feel like I need the bar that low but want to keep my entry neutral, then I'll raise my RR spring rate. 25 lbs more spring generally does the trick.

If your spring is on the birdcage, what you are feeling is the loss of dynamic spring rate when you lower the bar.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    If your spring is on the birdcage, what you are feeling is the loss of dynamic spring rate when you lower the bar.
    Ahh, yes that makes sense. Thanks for that insight.

Quote Originally Posted by HRJ View Post

curious what angle it starts to substantially loosen entry i had never seen anyone go below 15degrees until this past year. Guy i saw use it is a back it in and stand on it type of guy and it looked liked the top bar was almost flat. Maybe had 5degress

Did it work for him?

he won a couple races. Not sure if he had his bar like that those nights or not. Hes the hero or zero type so seems like he usually picks up a couple wins a season when the stars align and the track meets his driving style.

i Do agree with HRJ that it looked like the car really layed over on the RR when he had it flat like that

On slick, usually keep 14-16 degrees on the upper Right bar.