Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Egoracing View Post
    Bill Hendren wanted to buy them and if they tested out like Dyno said they would he was wanted to buy them for all the motors he rebuilds and all Dyno couls do was come up with excuses and that he was not looking for any more customers.
    exactly,..but read his post on here proves he trolling the bord fishing for customers...

Quote Originally Posted by dirty white boy View Post
    exactly,..but read his post on here proves he trolling the bord fishing for customers...
    Agree 100%.
    He is NOT looking for customers but every time someone posts about a carb problem he offers to check it out for Free!

Nothing like being able to check every carb from as many different builders that you can get your hands on for free and see what the best are doing that you are not, then copying it. Then you BS the dyno numbers to make it look better after you mess with it and send it to the customer with a bill.
    When they get it an it is not as good the reason must be your springs are off, the oil is different, your fuel is not equal or the engine may be a weak one and that is why your numbers do not match his. BUT when someone is willing to pay for his stuff to test, it is excuses and tuck and run.

If Bill Hendren would have wanted to buy my springs he would have told me when I talked to him on the phone. Bill was not interested in running or testing my springs as he told me he was not interested in promoting any of my products.

I have had multiple sets of Hendren heads on my flow bench and they are really good in comparison to stock out of the box GM heads. I have also run them on the dyno and they are 15-20HP better than out of the box GM heads. I did not call for a sample or need a pair to test with, I just bought them thru a 4m customer of mine that owns 4 or 5 Crate and 4 or 5 Super Cars and hires top notch drivers to run his stuff.

I talked to Bill a couple times about his head program, and his Newen head machine as I also work on them along with Serdi's as the same guy invented them both and yes he is a friend of mine. I guess I have known him going on 40 years and I must have fooled him real good too because he paid me over $500K a year to run the place.

I have a number of his past and current customers purchasing from me direct, the engines have been run at Pruitt Performance and Gabriel's Engines with and without my springs and I have been to NC to run on a chassis dyno to install them for a customer so he could test them back to back.

I have made a week long trip to Willy's to run Carburetors on Gas and E-85 with as many as 4 cars and 20 different carburetors.

Other than that I will keep treating stock GM spring because I have been selling 25 sets a week for the last 4 years and no matter what you say, the people buying them keep buying them...at $300 a set with retainers and locks I guess folks just love sending me money for stuff that don't work...

StockcarDriver, I guess you might want to put your money where you mouth is. I never said I would not sell you filters, what I said was I was out of stock and waiting 10-14 days on the next batch as I get about 2500 in every quarter.

As I stated to you I was out of the filters at the time but would be getting more in. All you have to do is send me a Money Order for $250 and that will cover shipping and 12 filters.

I am still a small one man shop and have a hard time keeping up with demand but that is how it has been for 35 years and I don't see any change in the near future.

If you want to know how one of my crates runs contact Joe or Bobby Dauderman, I think he only won 3 PCRA races this weekend. I don't like to use customers but him and his dad have always been great to work with. They have been helping me test and develop my parts, carbs, headers, ignition, & engine program for almost 3 years now and if it don't run fast on their car, I go back to work and make it better.

Ego,
    There you go again... Why on earth would I look at other carbs to see what they are doing when 90% of the ones I get in have problems and are not running good to begin with. The ones I do get in and run that are good, I get the HP and TQ numbers off them and compare them to a Stock 650HP and 95% of them do not beat my out of the box 5 year old beater.

I offer to test folks carbs for FREE because I have been doing that for 35 years not just the last couple years on crates. If it ends up being business great, I am only 4-5 weeks behind so it is not like I need a pile of work. I have 17 crate engines sitting in the floor waiting to get done and just shipped out 4 in the last 2 days. I should be dyno testing header set 17,18 and 19 and yes these are all prototype sets built to my specs. One will be for a Bloomquist car and another for a Victory Circle car, both house cars so I guess I have bluffed my way passed them guys too.

As you are such an expert on carbs, what are all the experts doing to make power with crate carbs???

I would really like to know.

All I have ever said on here is that the HP is in matching the fuel curve of the carb to the burn characteristics of the fuel, to the burn curve In determining that is one of the big power factors; over the past 2 years I have started tuning MSD's and Distributors to the same acceleration curve.

Is the Victory Circle "house" car your working on a set of headers for one of Moyers or is it truly a California "house" car?

Quote Originally Posted by dynoman14 View Post

StockcarDriver, I guess you might want to put your money where you mouth is. I never said I would not sell you filters, what I said was I was out of stock and waiting 10-14 days on the next batch as I get about 2500 in every quarter.

As I stated to you I was out of the filters at the time but would be getting more in. All you have to do is send me a Money Order for $250 and that will cover shipping and 12 filters.
    Dyno I got one of these in my stock car and havent lost a position on the track yet this year, I dont need any more hp at this time!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Doctor-...item2570cc7640

If Bill Hendren would have wanted to buy my springs he would have told me when I talked to him on the phone. Bill was not interested in running or testing my springs as he told me he was not interested in promoting any of my products.

I have had multiple sets of Hendren heads on my flow bench and they are really good in comparison to stock out of the box GM heads. I have also run them on the dyno and they are 15-20HP better than out of the box GM heads. I did not call for a sample or need a pair to test with, I just bought them thru a 4m customer of mine that owns 4 or 5 Crate and 4 or 5 Super Cars and hires top notch drivers to run his stuff.

I talked to Bill a couple times about his head program, and his Newen head machine as I also work on them along with Serdi's as the same guy invented them both and yes he is a friend of mine. I guess I have known him going on 40 years and I must have fooled him real good too because he paid me over $500K a year to run the place.

I have a number of his past and current customers purchasing from me direct, the engines have been run at Pruitt Performance and Gabriel's Engines with and without my springs and I have been to NC to run on a chassis dyno to install them for a customer so he could test them back to back.

I have made a week long trip to Willy's to run Carburetors on Gas and E-85 with as many as 4 cars and 20 different carburetors.
    Since my dad isn't here to respond to this BS, I'll gladly do it for him. The FACT is, you NEVER spoke even one time to my dad on the phone. You NEVER spoke to him about our so called "cylinder head program", and you certainly NEVER spoke to him on the phone about our NEWEN machine, "because you work on them too". Your ONLY interaction with my dad was here on 4M, as he stated and posted factual information, while you posted whatever it is you post. So I would highly suggest you discontinue LYING about having any type of conversation with my father outside of this forum!

As a side note it would also be a good idea if you stopped talking about your "testing" at Willy's. Some of us know the truth about these "tests", and others are able to make phone calls to find out the truth. It's always very easy for some people to make claims on forums. Even if 1 out of 20 believe some of these "claims", then mission accomplished for the poster..... It would be nice if there was a "fact check" option on here before posts were made.
    Steve Hendren
    Hendren Racing Engines
    1310 US HWY 221 North
    Rutherfordton, NC 28139
    (828)-286-0780

hendrenracing@gmail.com
    https://www.facebook.com/hendren.racingengines
    https://www.facebook.com/HendrenRacingEnginesInc
    Certified Engine Builder for: NeSmith, RUSH, SECA, RUSH Sportsman Modified Series.

give'um hell steve!! lol

seems a forum modarator or site management of some kind would do something bout this situation here...

Steve, good to see you posting again! Hope all is going well with the shop, and congrats on the wins in the late model!

Other than that I will keep treating stock GM spring because I have been selling 25 sets a week for the last 4 years and no matter what you say, the people buying them keep buying them...at $300 a set with retainers and locks I guess folks just love sending me money for stuff that don't work...

#1. People keep buying the magnets that go on thier fuel lines that promise better gas mileage also!

#2. Stockcar DID want to buy a filter form you, then you siad you only sold them by the case which changed to you did not have any. I guess this is like the crew members buying $300 a set springs and putting them on a car without the owners knowledge.

#3 I am still waiting on you to post the address to my house or shop or post the reciept showing that you had springs on our car! Which you claimed you did.

#4 Is that the same Gabriels that siad they had never heard of you and where you claimed they kad your stickers on their car. Then someone posted pictures proving that there were none and you started making reasons why they laughed when asked about you and there were no sticker.

A pathological liar can't help himself. I know a few of the people who's names have been dropped or who's parts have supposedly been purchased and it turned out to be b.s. Now the names dropped all seem to be people who have passed away and can't be asked.

I was staying out of this but since Steve Hendren is a reputable businessman (as was his father) and he is openly discrediting your claims of having worked with their shop, I'll add my 2 cents.
    Dynoman14 had questionable business practices by many accounts. So by claiming to have worked with Hendrens, he potentially paints a negative image of Hendrens. And since dynoman14 is now publishing this false claim which could paint Hendrens in a negative light on public forum, that all adds up to a nice defamation case if someone wanted to pursue it.

Back to the lighter side of this...my favorite part so far is the 2500 oil filters every quarter yet he is a 1 man shop? 2500 oil filters in a quarter is 28 per day. 25 sets of valve springs per week is 5 per day. You'd have to have a fully staffed shipping and receiving department just to move the volume of parts that I listed above, not to mention the countless engines, carbs, heads, headers, etc. that he would have to be shipping to and fro to be doing all the work he claims to be doing. There aren't enough hours in the day working 24 hours a day for a "one man shop" to even ship and receive all of the product this guys spews about much less actually do anything WORK with it which would be the REAL time consuming part of it.
    Anybody with a little bit of math skill can see right through the grandiose claims of dynoman14.
    And his incessant name dropping makes it even worse because almost every time he does it, somebody on here who actually knows the name being dropped picks up the phone and finds out the real deal. Sometimes they even come back on here and report the findings. Using Bill Hendren's name was a real leap of faith on dynoman14's part...far too many people on this board knew Bill for him to get away with that. I'm glad Steve himself replied putting him in his place. I'd say that will probably be the end of that but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see a three page reply from dynoman14 outlining all of the reasons why Steve would say what he said. Or he might just disappear from 4m for while until he thinks everybody forgot about this and then come back and sell some more snake oil. Either way it should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by 50j View Post
    A pathological liar can't help himself. I know a few of the people who's names have been dropped or who's parts have supposedly been purchased and it turned out to be b.s. Now the names dropped all seem to be people who have passed away and can't be asked.
    If Bill Hendren was really paying dynoman14 $500K to "run his shop", I think Steve Hendren would have known about it or would at least be able to check the past books to confirm or deny that claim if he had to do so.
    And you are right about pathological liars. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. It gets to the point that they don't even know they are lying because they have done it so naturally for so long. Everything is the truth in their own mind. That doesn't stand up in court very well though.

I think he was claiming to have worked for the Serdi/Newen guy making 500k, not Mr. Hendren, but yeah....The rest of it doesn't add up at all and way too many mistakes and fish stories.

the man types to many novels on here to be working much anywheres else...

Sorry to have confused most of you, I was employed by Serdi Corp. and ran their North American Division for almost 3 years. I was responsible for bringing them back from the dead where they were selling 30 machines a year to almost 200 machines a year. I have been buying and selling Serdi 100's for 30 years and have my machines in 250+ of the finest engine builders shops in the world.

If any of you hicks know how to dial a phone why don't you call Darrel Gabriel or his son Frankie and ask him who I am. He has not ever said anything on a post in here. That was Royce Bray the driver and he had no idea Kenny Harriss the car owner was dealing with me when he first started running & testing my products.

I have never claimed to work with or for Hendrens' in any way, shape or form.

Steve,
    I do respect both you and your dad, and your right to express your opinions. I have only spoken of him and his opinions in high regard. I did speak to him in person a couple of times at the race track, and I know he did not know me from Adam because he never asked my name. I first met him at an ARCA race as he was doing a couple engines, and then later at one of the Fastrak Nationals.

I did not speak to your dad about my cylinder head program, I spoke to him about your cylinder head program on your Newen machine. The call originated from Gabriels race engines and was in relation to an engine tear down you guys had just finished. A couple guys from Royce Brays team picked up an engine from your shop that they purchased after it was tech'd and as I recall it was one of Shannon Buckinghams. Maybe he thought I was Darrell or Frankie but it was me, I told him my name was Mark and I was asking about the VJ in the heads, he said it was legal and passed Fastrak tech and that was it.

Royce went on to win many races with that engine and you even commented about not seeing my green sticker on the car when it was in Fastrak Tech and it was actually on the radiator shroud and on the c-pillar and it was about the size of a softball, a "little green alien head" with lightning coming out of it.

I am glad you called Willy to verify that I spent time there testing.

One thing you never answered for me is; How do you get by with cutting past the seat ring on your bowl opening process with the Newen. Is that allowed per FASTRAK rules or has it not been addressed in tech???

Also how do you explain the recent discovery of a Hendrens sealed Fastrak engine that had a REED cam in it, along with anti-pump-up lifters in it ??? Not holding you responsible just wondering what the story behind the story is?
    Last edited by dynoman14; 05-31-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Steve,
    I did speak to him in person a couple of times at the race track, and I know he did not know me from Adam because he never asked my name. I first met him at an ARCA race as he was doing a couple engines, and then later at one of the Fastrak Nationals.

I did not speak to your dad about my cylinder head program, I spoke to him about your cylinder head program on your Newen machine. The call originated from Gabriels race engines and was in relation to an engine tear down you guys had just finished. A couple guys from Royce Brays team picked up an engine from your shop that they purchased after it was tech'd and as I recall it was one of Shannon Buckinghams. Maybe he thought I was Darrell or Frankie but it was me, I told him my name was Mark and I was asking about the VJ in the heads, he said it was legal and passed Fastrak tech and that was it.

Royce went on to win many races with that engine and you even commented about not seeing my green sticker on the car when it was in Fastrak Tech and it was actually on the radiator shroud and on the c-pillar and it was about the size of a softball, a "little green alien head" with lightning coming out of it.

I am glad you called Willy to verify that I spent time there testing.

One thing you never answered for me is; How do you get by with cutting past the seat ring on your bowl opening process with the Newen. Is that allowed per FASTRAK rules or has it not been addressed in tech???

Also how do you explain the recent discovery of a Hendrens sealed Fastrak engine that had a REED cam in it, along with anti-pump-up lifters in it ??? Not holding you responsible just wondering what the story behind the story is?
    Which is it? You talked to Bill at these tracks or is it this, which you said above in a post??

"If Bill Hendren would have wanted to buy my springs he would have told me when I talked to him on the phone"

Bill posted on here trying to buy from you just like I did so it was completely above board and out in the open, you DENIED us both and dissappeared from this forum until all the old posts were lost in a new format, then you slithered back and now a few of us have to watch the place like its a job to keep you from posting lies and ripping off more racers.

If you would just go away since your soooo busy and CANT handle any new customers anyways we could all enjoy more free time. But then again you reply to any carb problem on here trying to solicit new customers so maybe you do need them after all?

Where do I send the check for the case of the oil filters and when I chassis dyno it back to back with my napa silver line, what gains will I see?

Matt,
    You need to get out of your momma's basement and put down the cheeto's bag long enough to do some real work, then you might be able to figure out how a man can work 18 hours a day and still take care of a Family while doing so.

Matt, what do you do for a living and what do you race ???

I sell approx 2 cases of filters to my engine customers a year. I have roughly 150 customers on my oil and filter program. I currently have 17 engine builders on a private label program and their orders vary from 20-40 cases per year. I sell some additional cases to folks that are running my springs or my MSD / Dizzy packages. Since you are such an expert on math I think you will find that is pretty close to 10,000 filters a year. I don't build the things, all I have to do is put a sticker on the box and the UPS man comes and gets them. As the factory pricing has almost doubled I will be phasing out of this part of my business as it is break even at best and does not represent a proper investment of $150K to just break even.

Over a 3 year period I have sold more than 40,000 filters and made a total of about $80,000 on a $800K investment; $2 per filter profit don't add up to much. 10% return on that kind of investment just does not work for me as I can invest in Mutuals, ETF's or BofA and make 5 times that. The only person making on that deal was the manufacturer and as of the end of the month my contract for filters is up for renewal and will not be re-upped.

As far as spring treating I have equipment that performs 90% of the process, the only part I play is the loading of the springs into machines and then the final testing.

For those of you who think it takes a lot of time to do, you need to pick up a copy of the 60 second manager. As a former regional director @ Dominos Pizza INC. this was our operations bible. If you can break down all of the decisions and work in your life into 60 second increments you will become 1000% more efficient on your time usage.

I spend about 2hrs a day on the computer and can type about 100wpm as I took typing when I was in high school, needlees to say I was the fastest around and all the girls loved it. I also enrolled in Arthur Murray dance classes at 15 and had no problems getting all my friends into it once they saw the results. I attribute dance classes to getting my coordination good enough to slam dunk a basketball as about 50% of it is in getting your steps up to the launch just right...

I spend another 2 hrs a day returning e-mails, calling / texting customers back and printing shippng labels. About 75% are repeat customers so all I do is batch out 20-30 addresses on USPO.com or UPS.com and I am finished for the day. 90% of the transactions are Paypal so they print lablels in either format once pmt. is made so how hard can it be. Even a dumb 52 year old computer illiterate like me can do that...

50j,
    Sure would like to know the folks you are talking about that I stated their names and they never heard of me. I would like the opportunity to properly address your disparaging remarks.

I have never heard of you, does that mean anything at all???

DWB,
    I still don't understand you, I figured you for a better person than jumping in an repeating a bunch of demeaning and derogatory remarks. I guess my offer to build your heads for FREE and fix your Street Stock Carb for FREE was not enough ??? I even made the offer to build your Short block for FREE if you came down to the shop early on a Saturday morning...

Like I have said 100 times on here it is well worth digging thru the crap to find a couple diamonds in the rough...

Special thanks to the many folks that have called me, e-mailed me, pm'd me and texted me to keep posting and disregard the detractors.

Oh, yea and special thanks to Joe and Bobby Dauderman I think the went 4 for 4 in the last week in wins with my junk that don't exist, and don't work. Also thanks for selling the engines for me that you have, it helps to have a couple folks out there that know how to race. I would post other folks that won over the weekend for the first time with my crate stuff but I would be accused of bragging or making false statements....
    Last edited by dynoman14; 06-01-2012 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Made a Keystroke mistake

Ego,
    I have 17 customers in Kentucky and not one of them is you. I do have an address in Glasgow though, it is not you.

I used to make monthly trips to Kentucky to pick up parts from a buddy of mine named Ray Middleton, his brother Eddie ran PenskeRacingSouth for about 30 years. His dad was a Concrete man that sold out to APAC for about a Billion dollars, yea B. He owned concrete plants all around Somerset and also had the state contract for Highway and Bridge construction. APAC wanted the deal because it included all of the Bridge and Bent work in KY. The original connection was made when I went to work for my dad who was a Bridge Superintendent for APAC. John knew Ray and Ray recommended John to me and the rest is history.

My first Kentucky was customer was John Mulligan a Cop and from there he hooked me up with about 15 of the 17 folks there that buy my stuff. I took his illegal crate engine and re-certified it thru Fastrak and Darrell Gabriel and he almost won the track championship his first year racing, had it not been for missing races with his job a couple more top 10's would have won it for him, and when he ran he was running top 3.

His dad owns Mulligan Plumbing and has been a long sponsor of Mike Marlar and his son. You will see his car sponsored owned by AES owned by a guy named Steve that flies around the country having fun racing with his $$$ paid drivers.

The springs that we originally discussed were sold and shipped to a person in FL that represented themselves to me as a person associated with a race team as technical consultant. I was called from the tech shed on the weekend of the race by the tech inspector to verify the springs and their origin. The springs in question were shipped to GM SPD and tested and verified as 100% Original GM springs. If they would have been wrong the team in question would have been deemed Illegal.

I have sent my springs to 25+ sanctioning bodies to keep on hand as a reference if any of them come up. Funny thing is my springs static rate 10 or more #'s low. Some of exhausts check in at 80-85#. I guess it is pretty funny that they will run on the spin tron up to 7500 with no evidence of odd order harmonics demonstrated by stock springs...

Why don't you put on your thinking cap, do all of your google searching you can and call all the folks you know to get that ciphered out. As dumb as I am it only took me 6 years to perfect the process and as smart as you think you are you should have it ciphered out in a couple days.

Can you believe this crap, folks? Dynoman now claims he was a regional director for Dominos Pizza AND he can type 200 words per minute. 200 words per minute!?!?!?! That's amazing!!! In fact it is a world record and even Guiness doesn't know about it since they claim the world record is 170WMP. Just look up "words per minute" on Wikipedia for more information.

200 WPM?!?!?!?! That's the hardest I've laughed in a long time. So I thank him for the comedy.

But dynoman, since you've humored me today, I'll humor you and reply to your questions since I have some free time on my hands today as apparently do you.

Real work? I make a substantial salary as a network engineer for Matrix Integration. I work in IP Telephony (I've installed and maintained 2000-station phone systems), routing and switching infrastructure, and networks security (firewalls, VPNs, IPS, etc.). I hold numerous Cisco certifications (CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, CCVP, CCDP, to name a few) and I'm considered one of the best at what I do. Clients call my company and request me specifically to work on their biggest and most critical projects.

What do I race? I race a crate late model on the Indiana Late Model series and we run various other shows with the opens. It's only our third year in a late model of any kind but I've been around these cars for quite a while and know the setup end pretty well which is probably why I get a lot of PMs on 4m with people asking for help on stuff. If you paid attention to any setup posts on this board you would see that I know my stuff and you wouldn't even question what I race. Instead, you spend countless hours writing 10 paragraph replies to simple questions trying to solicit your products yet you never say the name of your business, how you can be contacted, etc.

And a real touch of class talking about someone's momma. What are you 12? No wonder you're a "one man shop". With your lack of professionalism, it's probably hard to find "good help" even though you should well be able to afford it making $500K/year. If you'd like to to have a discussion about my mother in person, feel free to visit any track we race at. My schedule can be found at www.patusracing.com. My home address can also be found there. Unlike yourself, I don't have anybody to hide from.

What is your name? I saw someone (not you) reveal it on another forum once but I forgot it. I'd be more than happy to call the places you name drop and ask them about you. All I need is your name. Is it Barbara Blackburn because that is the person that hold the WPM typing record?

Thanks,
    Matt Patus