Thread: Mixing fuels

Default Mixing fuels

Anyone heard of mixing methanol with race gas? Does this work? If so, how much methanol to gas ratio. I would expect you would need to change jetting also.

why not run e85 its already pre mixed and you can get it almost at any gas station anymore ?
    62 mini mod

Would e85 be a performance increase? More H.P. or less?

its 85 percent ethanol alcohol yes torque and hp will go up for sure i noticed a huge difference right away.

if you use e85 or alcohol your going to have to have the right parts in your carb.
    62 mini mod

Default wow

that is crazy e85 will rob hp u get worst gas mileage and less hp i run one cup pre gallon of racing fuel that gives me +8hp at the wheels e85 is a cheap non-efficante fuel cheaper at the pump but less gas mileage

We run e-85 in our Late Model and it not only gives a little more HP, it also runs cleaner and cooler. Yes, it uses more fuel, but the cheaper cost offsets that. There are more and more guys around where we race converting to e-85. I know this isnt the Late Model forum, but just offering what we have found.
    Last edited by Avenger00; 03-21-2012 at 08:43 AM.

Been doing a lot of research since I started this thread. Looks as I am going to make the switch to E-85. I will keep up with posting the results.