Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cross

Quote Originally Posted by MM90 View Post
    They don't really compare front to rear when measuring this way. Like I said measuring that way is more for helping with bump steer than actual ride heights. Once you have your ride heights set, check the angle on your tie rods and see where they are. If anything they will give you a secondary measurment for future reference. Just like measuring the angle of your a-arms as a secondary ride height.
    Oh ok gotcha. My problem really is trying to figure out what ride height to set the car out. I've read so many different heights, plus all of those are relative to tire size and where on the car you're measuring.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    level your lower a arms
    Then measure a flat spot on the front of the frame and set the rake based on those heights?

Quote Originally Posted by spray004 View Post
    Oh ok gotcha. My problem really is trying to figure out what ride height to set the car out. I've read so many different heights, plus all of those are relative to tire size and where on the car you're measuring.
    Ride Height is a Generic term for each individual car. Like previously stated, set your Front lower arms where you want them, and your rear arms where you want them. Then Take your ride height measurements from some point on the frame. This will be your quick reference point on your chassis to come back to and check. I like the RF lower arm 1/4 in higher at the center of the lower ball joint than the center of the forward inner bushing through bolt on the front of the cross member. The Left side I like flat. The rears can be all over the place, just depends on how you have it jigged. But ride height should only mean something to your own car, not anyone else.

Dave
    2012 UMP Stock Car National Champions.
    2013 UMP Modified Rookie of the Year
    2014 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Fairbury American Legion Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 UMP Modified, Northen IL Regional Champion
    2018 UMP Modified, #2 National Points Standings
    Like us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/McKinneyMotorsports

Default Ride height

If the left rear is higher than the right side it puts the upper bar at more of an angle than the right. With the angle on the upper being so much, when in body roll it can put MORE rear steer into the chassis. It will pull the upper mount forward.
    You could go up 25# on the left rear spring. Go old school. Put a socket on the floor jack plate and jack rear end up in the middle. The right side should lift first. More it lifts before the left, more cross is on chassis.
    You can try 53% on left. cross and rear, as a starting point. With the cross, simple thing to do is crank enough cross into it till it starts to push then back off till it feels good to you. Do a web search on what to do with the springs to fix certain parts of the corner. DON'T fiddle with shocks till you get the springs/setup sorted out.

Good luck, confusion can be a good thing.
    Confucius say: Woman who go fishing with four men, come back with red snapper.