Default R.J. Conley Runner-Up in Spring 50 at Florence Speedway!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

March 21, 2012

R.J. Conley Runner-Up in Spring 50 at Florence Speedway!

(WHEELERSBURG, OHIO) The season opener for two of the Conley Motorsports, Inc. drivers took place on Saturday night, March 17 at the venerable Florence Speedway in Union, Kentucky. Both R.J. and Rod Conley invaded the 1/2-mile speedplant in hopes of capturing the $5,000 top prize in the 36th Annual 'Spring 50.' Rod laid down a solid lap during qualifying, but had no luck the remainder of the night. "Hot Rod" rolled his left rear tire off of the rim not only in his heat race, but also during the consolation event, which kept him out of the night's 50-lap feature.

R.J. had a much better evening than his brother, as he timed in third quickest of the 33 competitors during qualifying and later ran third in his loaded heat race. After rolling off seventh on the grid in the 'Spring 50,' R.J. escaped a lap two pileup with only some minor front end damage. He then stayed up on the wheel and survived the rough racing surface to notch a strong runner-up effort in his season opener. The Wheelersburg, Ohio native trailed only winner Don O'Neal, who lapped up to third during the course of the attrition-filled 50-lapper. Complete results from Florence can be accessed online at www.florencespeedway.com.

“That was definitely a survival deal during that race,” said R.J. shortly after the ‘Spring 50’ on Saturday evening. “After we got a little damage from the pileup and seeing how many cars were involved, I figured there wouldn’t be a whole lot of guys finish the whole 50 laps. I just went into survival mode out there and tried to take it easy and miss the holes the best I could. Then I saw (Bobby) Pierce underneath me a couple of times to battle for second and I knew I had to pick up the pace a little bit. We have a bunch of stuff to fix on the car because of the rough track conditions, but it was still good to open up the season with a strong run.”

Rod and R.J., along with their Hall of Famer father Delmas, will take the upcoming March 23-24 weekend off from Dirt Late Model competition. “Hot Rod” plans to head back to the Florence (KY) Speedway on March 31 for a $2,000 to win event, while the schedules are currently up in the air for both R.J. and Delmas. Keep up on the latest schedule plans for all three Conley Motorsports, Inc. drivers by clicking on www.conleymotorsportsinc.com.

The respective #71 teams would like to thank the following companies for their support this season: American Metal Supply Company, Conley Trucking, Cornett Building Supply, Vinyl Kraft Windows, Mortgage One Financial Group, Brown Services, Rocket Chassis, Draime Racing Engines, Impact Racing Decals, Schoenfeld Headers, Snap-On Racing, Hoosier Racing Tires, Wrisco, Allstar Performance, Design 500, Bazell Race Fuels, Poske's Performance Parts, Mason Racin', Arizona Sport Shirts, Delph Communications, and Weld Racing Wheels.

The latest news and schedule information on Delmas, Rod, and R.J. Conley can be found online at www.ConleyMotorsportsInc.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
    www.DelphCommunications.com

That only happened because everyone else was involved in a wreck. Enjoy it while you can....

thats true thay both looked like rookies