Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Dynoman have you ever tested base X04 racing fuel?

Cheese,
    I was talking to Sunoco last week to get a couple samples of new X04 fuel sent out to dyno.

Shorty was not there so did not get that done. I would have to go to SGA and pick some up and pay premium for it. It costs more than CHP and is supposed to be real good but I am not sure $14G good.

I have a new customer in SGA and will be doing some fuel testing for his engines in the next month so I'll let you know how it runs in a PM as I will be doing a fuel test on probably 10 new fuels that have not really been mentioned on here.

As far as running oxygenated fuel you can add 1 gallon of e-85 with 19g regular race gas and have 4-5% Ogygenate. I am not sure that many of the oxygenated are much better than that combination as the additive packages needed to make power have been cut back in the last 5 years.

I have run 260gt+ for an engine customer and once I got the carb dialed in it was in the same range as CHP. I spoke to another crate builder in VA and he is using it as his baseline because it is pretty cheap and runs good.

I am in the process of changing over a couple of my house engines to 260gt+ as a couple customers in Illinois don't have easy access to VP's crate stuff and it is over $12G my cost now. I think the 260gt+ is about $8-9.

The one thing I like about it is it has a real nice boil curve and the burn curve accelerates real nice with the way I build my distributor timing curves and the fuel curve of my carbs. I run a much fatter fuel curve with more retarded timing than most and 260 likes that a lot.

Default Klotz oxy100

Has anyone ran or Dynoed this fuel? We are a klotz dealer and we are getting ready to start running this fuel. Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Hendren View Post
    The following is a direct copy from the Information & Recommendation sheet that we send out with every 604 crate engine that we rebuild. (You can view the entire I & R sheet on our facebook page in the "notes" section. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000435266960)

We recommend the following fuels for the 604 crate engine:
    Regular race gas (non oxygenated): Renegade 98 - or any equivalent race gas that does not exceed 105 octane.

Oxygenated race gas (for maximum power): Renegade RatMan Crate 108sr - VP Crate Horse Power (The Renegade Rat Man Crate 108 produces the same power as the VP CHP fuel. Both of these fuels produce more power than any other oxygenated race gas we have tested. However both the Rat Man Crate 108 and the VP CHP require some carb modifications in order to run properly. (We use the Renegade RatMan 108sr in our own house car.) NOTE: On January 1st 2012, RatMan 108sr will be called RatMan Elite)
    Renegade racing fuel can be purchased directly from Ford’s Fuel Service, INC. They will ship product anywhere in the US. Contact Tim Tyner at 1-800-615-5981 or (843)-756-3918. You can also find them at www.mrracefuel.com

In addition, we recommend using ONLY race gas. Regular pump gas is too unpredictable as far as ethanol content. Since the Federal Government has allowed oil companies to cut their fuel with up to 10% ethanol, we have seen serious performance issues with engines running regular pump gas, as well as some engine failures (i.e. burned pistons). Blending pump gas with race gas will also result in unpredictable mixtures, and NEVER recommend attempting this.
    Steve gives some excellent information above . Renegade Racing Fuels are available nationwide .
    In Florida call ,
    Mike Croley
    Daytona Beach , FL.
    386-341-4308