Default car missing bad poping out exhust

really bad miss i seams like ignition problem i changed plugs changed fuel, possible ignition wire beong to small,
    i havent changed distribitor yet any sugestions

check the battery

need more info! MSD? Stock? what is it??

Could be a ground issue or even the switch.

i had same problem last season. sounded good in the garage but when i hit the track it started popping like crazy. i changed everything from battery, spark plugs , distributor, fuel pump, and it ended up being a problem in the carburetor. bad power valve. sucked i chased the problem for a month

Possibly worn cam lobe?

Quote Originally Posted by boogityk5 View Post
    Possibly worn cam lobe?
    bent push rod,..rocker backed off....

Quote Originally Posted by dirty white boy View Post
    bent push rod,..rocker backed off....
    agree with last two posters----pull the valve covers and make sure everything is good there

Quote Originally Posted by brad hibbard View Post
    agree with last two posters----pull the valve covers and make sure everything is good there
    i agree to the last few posters, i had a stock rocker stud pull out. We always use screw in studs / guideplates from then on, a lil insurance.

I agree with all the top and add... Had carb blockage it popped, had fouled plugs it popped, adjusted valves wrong it popped, and the one that takes the cake:

Somehow some metal got into the distributor and under the rotor on the magnets HEI SYSTEM and was shorting out under there it was a disaster took a day to find it...

good luck hope you get it let us know

Danny
    »»*†HÀ†§ HÓ††™««

We had a phantom missing a couple of years ago...Tried all the standard fixes, cap, rotor, plugs, coil, ground, different carb, etc...including re wiring, switches, etc...Ran a local race, no misses...towed 280 miles one way, came out of the trailer, popping and missing...At the start of the main, started popping again, came into hot pit area and I accidently nudged the MSD box and the car died...re fired the engine and when I wiggled the 6ALN box the car crapped all over it self...sent box back and could not fix, replaced the box and never had another issue since..LOL Now we run 2 complete ignition systems with separate MSD boxes and coils...

Lol I forgot you told me about that...

Heres one have you put in a diff distributor?
    »»*†HÀ†§ HÓ††™««

Had the same problem last year. changed plug wires and still had the problem then it mysteriously disappeared the next weekend all I did was change the plugs and it came back. Found out that it was a bad connection in one of the plug wire boots. Get some good wires like taylors.

Chased that problem few years ago. Changed everything imaginable. Sounded fine in garage and hit track and kept popping. Ended up being water in fuel.
    Well it doesn't say that I can't

Have you compression tested the motor? I had a bent valve years ago, sounded fine in garage but hit the track & it wouldnt run for $hit. Took 3 weeks to find out what the cause was.