Default How to Gain Forward Bite on a Metric Car

I really dont understand what forward bite is, but my friend says our car needs some forward bite. So how do you get/gain/create forward bite on a Metric Car, that has to be stock appearing ?
    Last edited by 3dinter; 03-27-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Pay the guy who wins at your track to set up your car!

Quote Originally Posted by Graff Spee View Post
    Pay the guy who wins at your track to set up your car!
    LOL,,,,good one. He is willing to accept offers, but his price is extremely high and you might get a partial truth, but i know its racing and you always get partial truths from almost everyone.

what is the car doing? what kind of shocks and springs are u running? can u run spring spacers?

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    what is the car doing? what kind of shocks and springs are u running? can u run spring spacers?
    84 Monte, everything must be stock, may run racing springs and shocks as long as they mount in original location. Pro SS Adjustable metric shocks all 4 corners, 1100 lf, 1000 rf, 200 lr, 175 rr.
    finally got the car to go in and come out pretty good, based on track conditions. The driver tells us he is not getting any traction coming out of corner, he is not lose but he thinks to much power and not getting grip. He can stay up with the fast cars but not pass. I was thinking of tinkering on the lower trailing arms and pinion angle.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dinter View Post
    84 Monte, everything must be stock, may run racing springs and shocks as long as they mount in original location. Pro SS Adjustable metric shocks all 4 corners, 1100 lf, 1000 rf, 200 lr, 175 rr.
    finally got the car to go in and come out pretty good, based on track conditions. The driver tells us he is not getting any traction coming out of corner, he is not lose but he thinks to much power and not getting grip. He can stay up with the fast cars but not pass. I was thinking of tinkering on the lower trailing arms and pinion angle.
    What type of track cond. Is this happeneing on? Heavy dry ect... Also we could use what your % and weights are on the car... Last but not least are you sure its not the driver? In my experience, if you can stay with the front then you can pass em... Spinning the tires seems like a foot problem if you can keep up with the rest...
    »»*†HÀ†§ HÓ††™««

do you have scale numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by DANNY View Post
    What type of track cond. Is this happeneing on? Heavy dry ect... Also we could use what your % and weights are on the car... Last but not least are you sure its not the driver? In my experience, if you can stay with the front then you can pass em... Spinning the tires seems like a foot problem if you can keep up with the rest...
    Tacky & Dry slick track. We scaled the car @ LF 797, RF 810, LR 802, RR 701..Rear 48.3...Left side 51.4...right side 48.6...RF/LR 51.8 ...total weight 3111. I kinda agree with you on the foot problem so i know he has to work on that.

You need to get your rear percentage up.

I am trying to retire from posting on here but Ill post again.

To gain more fwd drive you need to soften your front springs so they have some stored energy and your car can transfer wt front to rear and vise versa. With the springs you have now you likely dont even half half inch of compressed spring, how is that ever going to transfer wt to the rear?

I run under 700s in a metric car and at 3040 with 46-48% rear no driver with a 500hp 436 and 700cfm carb. 51% rear MAX on super dry.

Hello 3 dinter. List to what stock car driver is telling you. It will work for you, and it will save you alot of tail chasing.His setup will win with a good driver.

Quote Originally Posted by turner View Post
    Hello 3 dinter. List to what stock car driver is telling you. It will work for you, and it will save you alot of tail chasing.His setup will win with a good driver.
    definitly AGREED
    dillonsolumracing.weebly.com

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post

To gain more fwd drive you need to soften your front springs so they have some stored energy and your car can transfer wt front to rear and vise versa. With the springs you have now you likely dont even half half inch of compressed spring, how is that ever going to transfer wt to the rear?

I run under 700s in a metric car and at 3040 with 46-48% rear no driver with a 500hp 436 and 700cfm carb. 51% rear MAX on super dry.
    makes sense, this is only our second year running so any ideas are appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by charcoal01 View Post
    You need to get your rear percentage up.
    we have about 275 lbs of lead spread evenly across and directly above the rearend and thats with the scale numbers i just posted.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post

Jeff, appreciate all the help, i got your website favorited gonna see how my new fan system does, if it doesnt..im gonna get one of them fan shrouds from you, i can tell here in Ft Worth its gonna be a HOT SUMMER again.

switch ur front springs around and u need at leased 250s across the back lm dont even run 175s

Quote Originally Posted by IRONCOBRA View Post
    switch ur front springs around and u need at leased 250s across the back lm dont even run 175s
    late models don't run 175's huh? Guess they dont attach their springs to a rotating birdcage anymore either?

Soften the front and add rear weight...
    Gill T. Azell

Quote Originally Posted by 3dinter View Post
    Jeff, appreciate all the help, i got your website favorited gonna see how my new fan system does, if it doesnt..im gonna get one of them fan shrouds from you, i can tell here in Ft Worth its gonna be a HOT SUMMER again.
    Your welcome. I dont update or do much with my website anymore, so you wont need to check too often, lol..