Thread: Engine Heaters

Default Engine Heaters

What are a few different brand names of engine heaters some of the outlaw late models are using? Also, what are the style and brand names of the best quality rod ends used for the front and rear suspension. Thanks for the help.

Engine heaters or oil tank heaters? We use a Moroso that goes into the tank through a bung hole that you weld onto the side of the tank

Default engine heaters

I have (2) 400W heaters in radiator( Bungs are for trans.,cooler), Wet sump in oil pan, dry sump ,400w in tank,Shielded From Stef's,150w blanket on oil tank, $70 from summit,steel blocks,with "freeze plugs" replace with proper size from amazon.com $24,both sides, I ain't sayin yall are dumb! but some don't know V-8 blocks are dammed in middle of water passages!!!! Why heat oil to 100+* and then circulate thru "stone cold" block????? hard to get some of my crews to plug in on way to race! so I tell them they have to pay for next freshen up!!!! Hope you can get somethin' out of my "blabbering", Smokey

I'm looking into the type which plugs directly into the lower radiator hose and heats/circulates the water.

I remember those! They where a pulse type of thing. I say just to run a synthetic racing oil and not to worry about it!