Default Need help Identifying a 2.3 ford cam

I've searched all over the internet and cant find out what cam is in this used motor that I bought from a friend. He lost the cam card. He told me it was a mechanical but when i pulled the valve cover I saw that it was a hydraulic. He said it was a crane it is etched CR on the back along with a bunch of numbers. Some are etched and some are stamped. Etched #'s U9A, 243002, 112619, Stamped #'s 242881, 19-50-04. Is there any other way to identify this thing. Also does crane cams have CR etched on the back? I'll try to call them soon but was wondering if some one had an idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Tracker 44 View Post
    I've searched all over the internet and cant find out what cam is in this used motor that I bought from a friend. He lost the cam card. He told me it was a mechanical but when i pulled the valve cover I saw that it was a hydraulic. He said it was a crane it is etched CR on the back along with a bunch of numbers. Some are etched and some are stamped. Etched #'s U9A, 243002, 112619, Stamped #'s 242881, 19-50-04. Is there any other way to identify this thing. Also does crane cams have CR etched on the back? I'll try to call them soon but was wondering if some one had an idea?
    They usually say "crane cams" on the backside. The 19-50-04 definitely looks like a crane # to me. Try to contact them directly for the specs.

I believe you have a stock ford camshaft.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

I called crane today. They said its not one of theirs. Let-r-eat it think you may be on to something. I think i have a cam that has been reground. that is why one of the numbers is stamped over a etched number. Is there a simple way to figure out the lift and duration. I took my dial gauge with magnetic base and checked run out on the lobes. exh was 2.93 and int was 2.78. That is almost exactly what i got on my #2 racer walsh cam in another head only the intake and exhaust were reversed. These 2.3 motors are a learning curve for me. They're not like the small block chevys that I'm use to working with. Thanks for the help so far guys

I figured out how to find the lift. Duration will be a challenge. I guess I'll have to replace the lifters with solid adjusters and but the degree wheel on it.