Thread: Air Filter(?)

Question Air Filter(?)

Have a lot of you racers switched from the K&N style filter over to the r2c filter element? How do they compare? Thanks in advance.........

R2C saw minimal loss of power when dirty and no dust got into the carb. The Wix street filter is a MUCH better option to the K&N also and it is close to the R2C but you have to replace it about every week.

Default R2c

We heard about some quiet testing of the r2c air cleaner bases going on in Iowa. Supposedly some really good numbers. Anyone using these bases yet or have more info?

Run a K&N for a while and look down in your carb...then the RC2...you will not run the K&N again.

Thanks for the replys. There is a a similar thread going on down in the Powertrain category if I would of only looked further.... Regardless, thanks for the input.

i bought a r2c last season.. used it 1 time and had to wipe the carb clean afterwards.. took it off and went back to a K&N..no more dirt.. Sold it for $10 at a flea market..

Quote Originally Posted by pajamie View Post
    i bought a r2c last season.. used it 1 time and had to wipe the carb clean afterwards.. took it off and went back to a K&N..no more dirt.. Sold it for $10 at a flea market..
    I don't believe that for one second.

If you had dirt in it after running the R2C you either put it in wrong OR put it in an air cleaner housing that had issues.

I've always put a film of grease around the bottum and top of my K-N filters to help seal to the housing and never had dirt in the carb.I also run prefilters with any type filter I have a couple wix filters but have never tried them.

Default R2C 4 barrel base

I can't get the attachment to work but here is a link to the new air cleaner housings. I didn't see any prices listed. Maybe too new.

http://www.r2cperformance.com/produc...?ProductId=264

Best air filter we have ever used.

I changed over an R2C. After every race I had dust in the carb with the K&N. The R2C doesn't ever have any dust in the carb. The R2C is nearly 0 maintenance as with the K&N I had to clean it every weekend.

dolu bir forum sitesi aradığım herşeyi buldum tsklr.

We race in the red clay in North Carolina. Does any of ya'll know were the sell the R2C filters around here? I would like to try one. we have always run a K&N filter.

Hendrens in nc

I am so suprised to not see the name KINSER filters in here! had a RC2 and got dirt in engine, Bought a KINSER and have not had a single problem, just make sure u use alittle filter oil.

Default Kinser?

I'm surprised to see that foam sponge on any dirt car. A friend bought one of the baskets with foam and I think Klotz oil. Motor was a mess in no time. carb was full of dirt and the oil was a nightmare.

You got r2c on top and the rest you can throw in a hat.