Default Ford oil and filter normal pressure?

I'm new too mini stock and would like to know what oil pressures hot and cold and oll filter and types of all the most guys are running. My engine hard around 50-60 cold but after 50 so laps I was coming in and notice oil light flicking.
    It was around 20 at idle but went up to 45ish when I reved it.
    Im not racing yet just getting track time to Learn to drive.
    I'm new to the fourm and have a bunch of questions but I'll search the fourm first before asking a thousand repeat question.
    Thanks
    Ford 2300 .40 over stock crank rods k/p pistons
    Oval head 468 esslinger cam& pulleys offenhauser intake 350cfm
    Home made two in one header was running 18sec laps 4/10 track
    Sound good what power you think this makes

sounds to be fine. just the oil is thinning out and thats normal. as long as u have 10psi or so per 1,000 rpm ur fine. my car has a hyd. cam and does the same thing. i run 10w-40 at the end of the yr and 20w-50 during sumer that mite help keep the hot oil pressure up. but it also depends on ur oil clearences.
    jared flower

sounds like cam bearings we had one do same thing old head cold had 50psi. then @180 temp 30psi is all it had. put other head on holds 55psi cold and 40-45 at 200 temp

what oil, oil filter and oil pump are you running now?
    i usually run motorcraft fl1-hp or wix in my ford and toyotas.
    the oil i run will depend on the clearences on the crank, 10-30, 15-50.
    i usually run stock type pumps but i have also run high volumn.

olin

Cool looking good

Thanks for all the replys guys....I checked the motor cold this moring when i had a chance. it was back to 60+ cold so it made me feel better. As oil , it has royal purple 20/50w it in now but dont think i can keep putting that liquid gold in it. What do the masses recommend as oil and filter for the ford 2300. My car at the momment is illegal for my track but the track manger said it would be ok till i start placing good.
    things I need to change
    1. Ignition (i have a msd box & mallory distributor) i see most say use tfi dist. Do you wire three wires thats it no ignition box to run it at all ?
    2. Intake (running offenhause c style ) what the best for a stock oval ports. any ever messed with efi intakes with carbs?
    3. few mickey mouse things I can fix easy sway bar bolt and boxing in radaitor
    Thanks for all the the help love the this site and love this sport

Quote Originally Posted by checkeredflag2006 View Post
    sounds like cam bearings we had one do same thing old head cold had 50psi. then @180 temp 30psi is all it had. put other head on holds 55psi cold and 40-45 at 200 temp
    That explains why mine has the pressures it has hot & cold!

with 20/50 oil it has 60-65 had to go to a thinner oil has 5/30 in it and has 50-55 cold