Default Oil blowing out breathers

I bought a car with a crate engine over there winter. It's been sitting for a couple years. I ran it for the first time yesterday. It was smoking out the breathers when I started it then when I came in after practice I noticed the engine is covered in oil. Could a stuck ring cause this?

first thing to check is oil level if it is overfull that could easily be your problem

Brad

check the baffles in the valve covers. the stuck ring idea is possible so put some light oil 30# with quart of mystic oil added the stuff is great for cleaning the oil system and loosening lifters and rings. you may have to do this a few times during the week so just leave the light oil mix in all week and change it out the morning of you next race.also make sure your breathers are at the top of the tubes so the oil that get in them can drain back down the tubes.

Tore it apart today, found 5 with broken rings, 4 pistons were broke between the rings also. My engine builder said he had never seen one that bad that ran that good and didn't smoke.