Default New Symetrical Port SBC heads

Wow, I just saw the new symetrical port cylinder heads that Darin Morgan at Rehr Morrison was involved in developing. Will take up to a 2.30 intake valve, in a 4.22 bore SBC! A 2.25 fits in a 4.165 bore with no shrouding issues! Flows over 450 cfm as cast...Heck, they are flowing 365cfm at only.500 lift...They are doing well over 1,000 hp on 400"...

Dave,
    Is it a new design or an old design like the Brodix BD,GM Little Chief? Symetrical port SB Chevys have been around for years.Nascar is running a streched version of the splayed valve symetrical port heads to fit the 4.500 bore center blocks.

This is a brand new design that Darin Morgan from RHS was involved in. He said, with out a doubt, these are the best "as cast" heads he has ever been involved with. Really designed for the 400" Australian Pro Stock engines...Absolutely blows away the Little Chief/BD heads...Check out Speedtalk for specs..

Isn't Darin actually from Reher Morrison Racing engines, or was he with RHS when he left for awhile?
    Josh K.

Yes, I'm sure he is still with Reher Morrison...He said he was working on these heads with a couple of Aussies...

Default Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by fast_crew View Post
    Isn't Darin actually from Reher Morrison Racing engines, or was he with RHS when he left for awhile?
    He was over at Profiler for a year or so doing some heads / intake work, I think Jon Schmit was in the mix too. He is back at Reher Morrison, both he and his brother have been around there for years.
    The heads are already on motors in Aussie and are fast. 1st test over 2.5 per inch and I think they are over 1100 HP on Aussie 400 cuin Pro Stock motors. They are taking orders and are stand alone, nothing fits from anything else. Stuart.

Yep, that's what I saw also. No parts from nay canted valve SBC heads will fit. I think I remember seeing 196 mph on some of the test passes...No too bad for 400" !!