FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

April 25, 2012

Competition Thursday at Tri-County Race Track Cancelled; Action Heats Back Up May 4

(BRASSTOWN, NORTH CAROLINA) Cold temperatures and a risk of thunderstorms tomorrow have caused promoter Ray Cook to cancel the Competition Thursday program scheduled for April 26 at the Tri-County Race Track in Brasstown, North Carolina. The postponed Thursday special, which was set to include an open practice session, King of the County Match Races, and spectator races, may be rescheduled for later in the year.

“I was really looking forward to our third Competition Thursday tomorrow night, but the weather just doesn’t look real good to be honest,” quoted Cook earlier this morning. “The temperatures here have been really cool this week and it will continue to be cold tomorrow night. Plus, the forecast is showing a pretty good chance of thunderstorms to roll in here, so I think the best thing for everyone involved is to pull the plug on Competition Thursday for this week. I thank everyone for their support of the track and I look forward to seeing everyone out at Tri-County on May 4 for our next racing program!”

Next up at the 1/4-mile bullring will be a regular program on Friday night, May 4, featuring all five divisions in racing action. In addition, a special Powder Puff race will also take place on May 4 for any women that would like to sling dirt. Gates will open at Tri-County at 5:00 p.m., while the Drivers Meeting is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. and racing starts at 8:00 p.m.

Adult grandstand admission for May 4 is only $10.00 and kids ages 11-16 will be admitted for only $5.00. All children ten and under will be admitted for FREE with a paying adult. Pit admission is $25.00 for adults, $15.00 for kids ages 11-16, and FREE for children ten and under. Additional information on the May 4 show at Tri-County can be accessed online at www.tricountyracetrack.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph – Delph Communications
www.DelphCommunications.com