Default Thank you race fans from Tazewell Speedway, the next race will be better

On behalf of owner/promoter Gary Hall and the entire staff of Tazewell Speedway, we'd like to thank all the race fans that came out last night for the World of Outlaws program. The crowd was the biggest ever in Tazewell Speedway history. We saw cars in the parking lots from all across the country, one from New York. We don't know if anyone traveled a greater distance than that. The atmosphere was electric.

While we thank the race fans, we also want to apologize for the condition of the racing surface. The staff tried their best to make sure the surface didn't come apart. Preparations went a little too far the other way and was not the best of racing surfaces. We will try our best to have the racetrack in better racing condition for the Lucas Oil program on Friday, June 1.

Default Had a BLAST

1st let me say thank you to the track for getting the program right for all of us that came a long way. There are some tracks that should have seen how its done the right way. 1st time up want be the last! I am hooked bad.

It was my 1st time and hope to be back soon
    YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN

Smile Next race

I went to the TAZ Saturday for the WOO, very impressive race track. I do hope the racing is better for the Lucas Oil race coming up. But this past Saturday, I thought the racing would be very good with the WOO along with Owens, Bloomer, Hill, Ogle, Jacobsen, Davenport there. I will return for the Lucas Oil show and hope to see some side by side racing. Thanks.

Hopefully the Lucas race this year will be better,but the last 2 looked just like the Woo race from Saturday.

Thumbs up to the track for coming on here and admitting they got the prep wrong. That says alot about the place and the people that run it. That was the worse I've seen the track for a night time program, but I won't be giving up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by 20Owens View Post
    Hopefully the Lucas race this year will be better,but the last 2 looked just like the Woo race from Saturday.
    Last year's Lucas was pretty good. Don O'Neal came from 23rd to 5th. Thats the kind of stuff you normally get at Tazewell.

I recall Mr. Owens going to the rear on the first lap accident and finishing like 3rd and was all over Mr. Landers and Mr. Davenport on the last lap of last years Lucas race and who can forget Davenport and Madden slide jobbing each other from one corner to the next the last couple of laps at the Southern Nationals. Have yet to see a better race then that one. Are they all great? No, but I've yet to see a great race everytime I go to the same track but when you get to see one that makes it all worth while to me. I understand the travel and money but you better know before you leave things can happen. If you don't understand that you're going to be disappointed a lot in life over more then just dirt racing.