Default Ford trans ID question.

The numbers I have on the case are 7006AA on top and 77ET under that. Is that a 77ET-AA? Because Breezemans site says that's a Pinto 3 speed trans. The One that I have is a 4 speed with reverse left of 1st. I just want to find out second gear ratio without pulling the trans out.

You can still do the "spin test" with the tranny in the car, but it's a little more work ...

Jack the rear end up so the rear wheels are off the ground, and put a couple jack stands under the axles. Pull the spark plugs and put the tranny in 2nd gear. Put a ratchet with a 21mm socket on the crank bolt, and bring it up to TDC on your timing pointer. Have your buddy get under the car on a creeper, and put some sort of reference mark on the driveshaft so he can accurately count revolutions. Start turning the crank clockwise, counting the crank revolutions while your buddy counts those of the driveshaft. When he gets to exactly 10 revolutions of the driveshaft, if you have turned the crank 21 and about 1/2 turns, you have a 2.14 2nd gear ... just shy of 20, and you have a 1.99 ... 23 and 3/4 and you have a 2.37 ... and so on.
    I don't suffer from insanity ... I enjoy every minute of it!

http://www.Scalded-Dog-Racing.com

I have one of those trannys with those numbers. Most of the time when I have an encounter with a 77ET AA it is a 214 second. Not saying it is not a 199, but I would bet that it is a 214. However, the spin test is the best way under your circumstances.
    dr6 motorsports

Thanks for the info guys. I'm going to pull it and check. I will post what's found for future reference.

Just turn the engine ONE time and count the turns of the drive shaft.