May 1, 2012

Billy Beachler and CBA Motorsports team enjoy good weekend; Steel Block Bandit tour races on the horizon.

After weeks of unseasonable weather, Billy Beachler and his CBA Motorsports team returned to action this past weekend, entering two special event races in Virginia and Maryland.

Friday night saw the team tow to Natural Bridge Virginia, where the scenic 3/8 mile speedway was hosting an open competition, unsanctioned, $1,500 to win Steel Block Invitational. 32 of the top steel block racers in the Shenandoah Valley signed in to try to qualify their way into the night’s 30 lap feature event. After turning a lap good enough for 6th quickest, Billy backed it up with a fine 2nd place finish in his talented heat race. When the checkered flag waved Billy brought his Cecil B. Arthur owned, Rocket Chassis home with a fine 6th place finish, on a surface, where passing was a premium.

Saturday saw the much anticipated 2012 season opener for the Steel Block Bandits take place at the historic Hagerstown Speedway in Hagerstown, Maryland. Under cloudy skies and a threat of rain, 42 of the area’s top drivers signed in to compete for the $2,000 first place prize. Billy and his Cecil B. Arthur Buckin Bulls/Kawalski Racing Engines #21 were again one of the fastest cars, timing in 10th, followed up by a fine 4th place heat race finish, which was good enough to lock him into the feature field. As the team was making feature preparations, Mother Nature showed up and ruined the rest of the evening as rain started to fall at the end of the Bandits first B-Main, postponing the remainder of the night. Billy will roll off 14th on the grid, when the rescheduled, 30 lap feature takes the green on June 9th. The make-up feature will be followed up by a complete Steel Block Bandit program, giving the teams double features that night.

“It was a good weekend” stated Billy from his Franklin, West Virginia race shop. “The car was good at both tracks. It was nice to get a good, consistent weekend like this to build off of. I just wish the rain would have stayed away a little while longer. Hagerstown had a beautiful race surface and I was looking forward to the feature. I really think with the adjustments we made, the car was going to be a lot better. I am really enjoying this season so far, Cecil is super to drive for and my crew is working so hard both in the shop and at the track. I really need to thank Cecil for this opportunity, I just hope I can get CBA Motorsports some wins” added Beachler.

The team is still undecided if and where they will race this coming weekend. After this weekend the team will enter three straight Bandit series races. May 12th, the team will make the long haul to Pennsylvania, to race at Susquehanna Speedway Park, followed by a back to back Virginia double header, at Natural Bridge & Eastside Speedways, May18th & 19th respectively.

Billy would like to thank all the team’s sponsors:
Cecil B. Arthur Buckin Bulls & Beef Farms, Cecil B. Arthur General Contracting, Kawalski Racing Engines, All About Wraps, Sunoco Race Fuels & K.R.S. Graphics Motorsports Media.

Upcoming Races:
May 4th – TBA
May 5th – TBA
May 12th – Susquehanna Speedway Park – SBB
May 18th – Natural Bridge Speedway – SBB
May 19th – East Side Speedway – SBB

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media