Thread: 2300 hyd. head

Default 2300 hyd. head

i have my 2010 head back freshing it all up from a friend that needs to sale it really fast nice head call 678 878 9785 it won the last 6 races at dixie in a row in 10 and was protested 2 times and was legal both times
    $1500 shipped or maybe a little less if you pick up call it want last long!
    Last edited by Dan32; 05-01-2012 at 05:17 PM.

Thumbs down

Dan32--I'm looking to build a mini stock for my son and was thinking about giving you a call, then i went and checked on Dixie Speedways web site to check on your claim that it won the last 6 races in 2010 there. No one has won more than 3 races in a row in the last two seasons according to the results they have posted on their page. You shouldnt make claims that can be checked. Guess i'll look elsewhere and see if i can find someone who doesnt make false claims.

Default Sat night

you were checked out on Smartt to bad you detonated that motor you had a great run going
    Dave 7M

Dan32... i did as you suggested and did some checking. Between 2007 & last week you have won 13 races @ Dixie Speedway. You did in fact win 6 races in 2010, but they werent the last 6 in a row as you said. You won races on 5-8, 5-22, 6-12, 8-14, 9-4 & 9-18 2010. By looking at the past results and this year's schedule Dixie runs between 20-24 races each season. Using that average that would mean they have ran anywhere from 104 to 124 races. Winning 13 races out of that many is anywhere from 10% to 12% of the races that have been ran. While that isnt a bad average, it doesnt make you the man to beat every week.

Since you lied about winning the last 6 races of 2010 i would be hesitant to believe anything you told me about anything you have for sale. Had you said *I won 6 races in 2010 with this head* i would be more confident about buying something from you since the facts back up what you are saying.

If you are spending that much to win $150 per race i would advise you to find another hobby or at least move up a class or two where it doesnt cost as much. You can buy a new Crate motor for a lil over $3000 and while you dont win that much more at most tracks you are getting a better return on your money.

I'm not going to get into an arguement with you (which by looking at past posts you have made on here you like to do) about this. As Joe Friday would say *Just the facts, ma'am*. Stick to saying things you can back up with facts and then nobody will have any reason to question what you have to say.

Default one fast head

Dan has won a lot of races with this head, I have seen the head in action it is fast, I have seen the work that is done to it, all top notch work and right for Dixie.

As for the $ 7,000 dollars in the engines ,Dan is dead on to run up front at Dixie you had better have the best of the best, I know for a fact that what it takes I have several cars and drivers that run at Dixie. That the problem everyone thinks this class is a starter class, With these rules its far from that.

Dan32... i said i wasnt going to argue with you on here so this will my last comment. Why would i go to the trouble to list dates and numbers if i hadnt researched your claims completely. For your information my stats came from someone at Dixie Speedway not just off the web site. You were right about not all the results being on the web site because one of your 2010 races wasnt there. How do you think i got the total number of races you had won since 2007? As i said a 10% to 12 % winning average isnt too bad. Its just that you made claim that was easily proven to be false. 6 in a whole season isnt 6 in a row. Actually that would be almost 25% of the races run that year. Again a very good average. Another claim you made is that you had Championship trophies from Dixie Speedway. According to the person i spoke to you have never won the Championship at Dixie Speedway in the Pony Stock or any other class.

As far as Crate racing being more exspensive, you are right its the same as any other class, you can spend as much as you want to try to go faster. But you dont have to spend $5000 on shocks. I sure havent. Check out this thread and maybe you will understand what i am talking about. http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?250...in-Spec-Shocks. Again i will say anyone who spends $7000 on just a motor to win $150 has more money than sense.

As far as my son sticking to something he's good at, he has been racing almost since he has been walking and i would venture to say he has won more races than you could count. One thing i have taught him though is to be modest about his talent because there is always someone who will prove that you arent as good as you think you are when you start bragging. Hope you continue to be *the man to beat*..

Quote Originally Posted by Dan32 View Post
    but you depending on a computer for your facts shows what kinda man you are
    i said i wasnt going to reply but i wanted to make sure you werent confused about where i got my information. If you would go back and read carefully you will see that i told you that i contacted someone from Dixie Speedway and they looked at the OFFICIAL records & results and that is where my information came from, not what was posted on the web site. If you will go back and look on their web site you will see that they dont have the results posted as far back as 2007. So if you say these results are wrong then you are saying the person from Dixie Speedway doesnt know what they are talking about. From my understanding their information came straight from the pay sheets.

That brings up an entirely different question. I had someone send me a PM telling me that you did win quite a few more races there than you are being given credit for, but that you were either protested and found to be illegal or refused to tear down. Guess what, those dont count because someone else was paid for the win and given credit for the win. In those cases you spent all that money to run up front and went home empty handed. Definitely not a good economical decision on your part.

Tried to stay out of this, but I'll say just this. I have been keeping track of the winners at Dixie and Rome since 1983 and have researched the years before. I have basically over 95% of the results of every race, 100% the last 12 yrs, at these as well as others. I'm still researching for the other 5%.

I can tell you that Dan has 17 confirmed features wins at Dixie and Rome since 2007, 13 of those are at Dixie. Yes, there have been a number of DQ's but I dont keep up with that type of stuff and none of those are included in the above count.
    As for "Championships" he has won at least three I can confirm all in Pony Stock.
    2007 Dixie Spring Championship
    2008 Dixie Spring Championship
    2010 Dixie Fall Championship

As for the other two, I dont know yet. Dan you can PM me if ya want and tell me the years on the plaques and I'll look. I know you won on the nights we celebrated the tracks anniversary 2 yrs in a row, but I dont remember whether trophies were given those nights.

As for the heads involved when this thread started, I suggest if your interested in them, I would say they are good heads obviously. If you have doubts about them, Get with Dan if he is willing and take them to Tim Waters and have him look at them. He's the track tech guy and he'll tell you whether they are legal or not.
    Last edited by JLS65; 05-17-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Dan - I have been following this thread and think its hilarious. This guy seems to have done his homework and you got caught. Plain & simple. I believe the number of times you were protested and were either found illegal or refused to tear down is more than the few u mentioned. I know of two for sure since i'm the one who put up the money. One was for the spacer plate at Rome, where you also protested me back and i was found legal & the other was at the 09 Fall Championship race where u refused to tear down, not that the flywheel was 6 oz too light.

You werent "run off" because people couldnt outrun u, people just got tired of u cheating. If it's a "run what u brung" race then it's fine, but when there is a rule book and u are found to be illegal according to the rules, then it's not a win. U made the statement that Tim changed the rules when u protested Ross, i've never known Tim to do that, but since i wasnt there i can't say it didnt happen. I do know that u won the Bama Bash twice because i took the pics. But i also read on here a while back where u were selling a motor and claimed that it had won both of those races. Well if the motor had everything in it that you said it did, guess what, it was illegal according to the rules and u just didnt get caught.

You know who i am and i'm sure you will come back with some smart remark about how i cant win anymore or something like that. I have two track championships as a driver and two as a car owner so i dont have anything to prove to you or anyone else. While u may have won spring or fall Championship races at Dixie, mine are for season points championships. Thats kinda of like saying u won the battle but i won the war. I dont race much anymore because of people like u. You think it's ok to cheat. Well i dont. If u have to cheat to win, then u arent impressing me or anyone else. I would much rather be known as someone who used to race and has won a few races and a couple track championships instead of someone who has been caught cheating numerous times and every time i win a race people say that i only won it because i'm cheating.

Another reason i dont race anymore is the fact it takes so much to run up front. As this guy has said, if you are spending $7000 to win $150 then u have more money than sense. I spend my money now on doing things that are enjoyable to me instead of putting it into a race car and then having someone like you steal the win because you cant follow the rules.
    Have Camera, Will Travel

Check Out My Pics @

http://mikessportsimages.com/

http://www.greenvalleyspeedway.com/