Default 1600's,wrs or american racer

what would out of those options would be best to run on rear have to be a 55 compound..its a steel head late model with open tire rule on the front only thanx

the 1600 and the american racer 56 both have open tire style sidewalls, they are a wider tire, and they typically are not full synthetic. the wrs 55 is synthetic so it doesn't hold up to as many heat cycles but they are usually cheaper.

you can win on any of them. but if it was me I would run the 56 or the 1600 unless i had alot of wrs tires already.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbyracerbn2 View Post
    what would out of those options would be best to run on rear have to be a 55 compound..its a steel head late model with open tire rule on the front only thanx

Depends on who you talk to around these parts. Some swear by Racers and others by Hoosiers. Racers, especially if you can find some crate racin' 56's are very soft out of the box. I think AR's are a better tire.

Quote Originally Posted by merc123 View Post
    Depends on who you talk to around these parts. Some swear by Racers and others by Hoosiers. Racers, especially if you can find some crate racin' 56's are very soft out of the box. I think AR's are a better tire.
    thank you for the advice.i just have noticed the last few weeks that most of the guys i run with are runnin the american racers..when u get these tires whats the best way to groove the tires?

Quote Originally Posted by hobbyracerbn2 View Post
    thank you for the advice.i just have noticed the last few weeks that most of the guys i run with are runnin the american racers..when u get these tires whats the best way to groove the tires?

Asking the best way to groove is like asking Chevy, Ford or Dodge

Quote Originally Posted by merc123 View Post
    Asking the best way to groove is like asking Chevy, Ford or Dodge
    i wasnt askin for a smart reply..thanx...just askin a basic way to start out at the time,but now i have that info thanx to a friend of mine