Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Dave,
    Just so we can get to a point where we can discuss this problem in a way to solve the problem.
    What is your current float setting???
    Do you know what float level is? And do you know how to measure it???

If not here we go, you remove the bowl and use a caliper and measure the hanging float level from top of float to bowl roof...

At this point you determine what float you have, Is it a white plastic holley, Brass Holley, BLP Polymer,Braswell Oval track, Moroso oval track, Holley drag float, Holley Oval track float...Each one will shut off the fuel at a different point.

How do you determine that??? Well my way is not up for discussion but I can tell you to within .001" when the needle opens and closes.

Drilling holes in throttle blades is just an idle bypass to reduce vacuum signal to the booster????

HMMM does that sound like a good way to tune a carburetor that runs off booster signal??? Maybe not...what does that do to the off idle throttle response???HMMM

To me that is like drilling holes in the water main supply to your house because your toilet bowl is leaking in stationary state...you might want to check the float level and gaskets to solve that problem.

WOW, that might also actually work on a Holley carburetor go figure, fluid dynamics of a toilet bowl
    are similar to the operation of a Holley carburetor float bowl.

Stock Car,
    It was not quick fuel, it was Quick Car racing products. The Carburetor project was run out of my shop and sold out of their place in Winder, GA. It's ok that you don't know $hit about 1/2 the stuff you talk about, most people don't. You probably won't find it on google but I still have a list of over 200 wins and the drivers that accomplished the wins. Don't care if you know cause I could care less. You keep on winning them street stock races and comment on anything but.

I don't remember seeing anybody on that list in the winners circle of any of the Major 2BBL NASCAR races in the 80's other than maybe a couple Blakes. The guys doing carbs for winning cars there are on a very limited list.

Now to your brother stockcar5 who shares the same thought processes and problem solving skills as you, I personally know almost everybody on that list. Willy, Keith, John Satterfield, Ban Vanderley and his dad, & Bob Blake; the rest on the list I have spoken with at PRI or on the phone when I ran their carbs on my chassis dyno for their customers. When I have a customer carb done by a person that can be contacted I do so to find out a little something about the carb before I mess around with it.

As I can't speak for the individuals and companies you have mentioned, I can say I have run many of their carbs on my chassis dyno. When I do so, I fix whatever I deem wrong and make them run like I think they need to. Have I sent out carbs with problems, well yes but in most cases it is because the fuel pressure is way too high, fuel filter is not present, water in the fuel, wrong fuel in the tank, before the carb was ever run the floats were set to bubbling out of the sight window (too high for race floats) , idle adjusted down from 1000rpm to 700-800 screwing up the transition slot settings, then idle screws jacked up to compensate and the idle goes to crap...

This issue can be solved by drilling 1 hole about .035" if you know where to put it, or by using a decent needle and seat, proper fuel pressure and float level.

I have only done a couple thousand Holleys over the past 30 years but I am still learning new things every time I work on one!!!

Not sure about what scams you are talking about but keep on running that mouth because every time you do I pick up 20-30 more customers. It seems my posts are consistently viewed by 100's wonder why that is???

Might there be some relevant information in them???

All them people must be DUMBA$$ES and just don't know any better. My mail box fills almost every day with compliments, orders or folks asking me to contact them about solving a problem for them.
    75% of the contacts I make on the internet are not initial customer contacts but just requests for free help and I oblige on all of them that I am able to or that I can actually solve.

dave thats about where im at now. i get a drop or 2 every 10 sec. or so. my holes are drilled to whatever jdr puts in..i didnt measure them. float level per his spec. ive lower it with no change. i idle at 900rpm. any more and it will pull over much more. its to the point now where the plugs last a long time and it doesnt load up at idle with the few drops it drips.

Quote Originally Posted by stockcar5 View Post
    dave thats about where im at now. i get a drop or 2 every 10 sec. or so. my holes are drilled to whatever jdr puts in..i didnt measure them. float level per his spec. ive lower it with no change. i idle at 900rpm. any more and it will pull over much more. its to the point now where the plugs last a long time and it doesnt load up at idle with the few drops it drips.
    Ive drilled mine just a little bigger than john has them and solved it.

Hopefully your not running a 350cfm this year, lol... too much of a handicap.

not anymore. just dynoed my 360 today. gonna put it in this week.

Quote Originally Posted by stockcar5 View Post
    not anymore. just dynoed my 360 today. gonna put it in this week.
    Good luck, youll like it...

I still have a 4412 500 quick fuel 8 yrs old with no pull over , I used a choke and spit with no pullover that didn't run good, used only 40 races. kinetic performance, great carbs with no pull over.And a willys with no pull over.