Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default need more drive coming off...help please

car is good just need more drive coming off the corners. What can i do to get the drive im looking for thanks. This is a 4/4 bar.

I just put more LR bite in my car. If that doesn't do it, then i raise LRU bar on frame. I don't do both as it makes car to tight. JMO

Left bottom bar if you are on a typical 4 link with floated birdcages, Drop the bar on the chassis. This will tighten the car from the center off while on the gas without affecting the rest of the corner.

Where are you bars now ? Is this on a slick track ? Give more info about car.

this is on a 1/2 mile high back track. does not get very slick. dont know degrees lrbb all way up, lrtb one hole from the top. rrbb almost level. rrtb one hole from the top.....rr tails 1/2 is that to much

car does not hike up to much dont know if this is a problem

I think it's allot but every car and driver will be different, try a 1/4 or less. Tire pressure ?

Default bite

Front clip? Chevelle, Metric, Impala, Ford?
    springs?
    shocks?
    All this would be good info to give, so we can suggest a cure for your problem
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

metric clip

lf800 rf750
    lr200 rr175

shock are pro TA'S
    lf 4/10 rf4/5
    lr9/4 rr3/5

That lrb bar seems like it might be high on frame, how much angle is that? If you have a b/c that has more holes on top of b/c you could lower it on b/c. I would try lowering lrb bar on frame first. Good luck.

Default help

Do you really have a 4/10 tie down shock on the LF?
    Wow that is alot of tie down.
    Wander if this being tied down too much will not let the car transfer weight to RR and make car seem loose off due to no weight transfer?
    just a thought
    or
    did you mistake the front 2 shocks and the 4/10 is on the RF?
    are you on a bumpstop on RF?
    might have too much tie-down on the RF, and not letting it transfer weight back to LR .
    Last edited by JustAddDirt; 05-09-2012 at 07:57 AM.

Didn't see that, that could be the problem.

so the shocks are backward in the front the 4/10 should be on the rf and the 4/5 on the left front

If the 4 is compression and 10 or 5 is rebound, yes usually.

Default shocks

Quote Originally Posted by bluemod View Post
    so the shocks are backward in the front the 4/10 should be on the rf and the 4/5 on the left front
    Yes.
    If you are on that much tie down on the RF u should have a bumpstop on it. (atleast I think so)
    I used to use that on a heavy track, then back off the rebound as the track got slicker.
    but I have started using that big rebound with a bumpstop and it seems to work pretty well.
    You can also go up on your RF spring a bit. that tie down will still let the weight transfer over on thr RF, and it holds it there, but it really needs somthing to push aginst (bumpstop) to give you max traction.
    I have been running this setup @ eldora with great results.

After changing the shocks around the car rolls over alot to the right side never had that much roll. found another problem in the rr bars rrbb was trailing almost an inch. The rrtb was trailing 1/2inch. So i set both to trail a quarter of an inch. On a 1/2 mile high bank track should you have to have alot of trail to make the car turn?

Thats a good starting point.Some car builders put lead in RF, some RR.

An adjustment I recommend for my customers, for more drive, is lowering RTB.Generally, ur not off gas too long, so it doesnt affect the entry.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemod View Post
    After changing the shocks around the car rolls over alot to the right side never had that much roll. found another problem in the rr bars rrbb was trailing almost an inch. The rrtb was trailing 1/2inch. So i set both to trail a quarter of an inch. On a 1/2 mile high bank track should you have to have alot of trail to make the car turn?
    If you are on a small tighter 1/2 mile yes, but if you are on a bigger cornered track, I would say even up. You get more rear steer as the car gets up on the bars, and rolls over. Dont know if you need that extra 1/4" or not.
    Just have to feel it out and see.
    Also, How much stagger u typically run?

we have to run tires from the track and the most stagger i can get out of the g60s are 2in in the rear and 1/2 an inch in the front. I cant find g60-15 anywhere to buy but the track

we raced and the car was upside down. We swapped the shocks around on the front and shortened the rrbs a quater of an inch. The car pushed so hard is was bad it was like drivin a diffrent car than what i had.