Default starter question

What year ranger starter works on the 2.3? Can't member and is it just bolt in and go or are there some tricks to making it work? Thanks in advance

1992 on up i believe...main power bolts to the starter,then you take the wire off your push button and run it to the spade connector that is on the starter...no need for external solenoid
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

If you have a track that says no truck parts that starter also came on the 93 Mustang 2.3L engines.
    Last year of the 4 cyl Mustangs. They used the same starter thru the end of 2.5L Production
    There are several ways to wire it, with or without the firewall mounted soleniod. As stated you can
    remove the firewall solenoid and wire the start wire direct.
    Another way is to use a jumper from the start terminal connected to the batt cable. The batt cable
    will be conected to the firewall solenoid as previous. This has the advantage of allowing you to
    switch between starters is one should fail.

Quote Originally Posted by car62 View Post
    1992 on up i believe...main power bolts to the more info on starters,then you take the wire off your push button and run it to the spade connector that is on the starter...no need for external solenoid
    ^ That sounds right. But as far as I know, those that have 1992 ranger somehow goes for starter-mounted solenoid. But that of course is not the topic here.
    Last edited by cswitch11; 07-22-2012 at 12:32 AM.