May 8, 2012

Tanner Kerr realizes dream; Scores first career Limited Late Model feature win at Winchester Speedway & takes over point lead.

With a head full of dreams and a heart full of dedication, Tanner Kerr started his late model career without his father, whose life was tragically taken way in an auto accident. Father and son had a lifelong dream of winning in a late model class. Those dreams came around full circle this weekend, when with a helmet full of tears, Tanner scored his first ever limited late model feature win. The win was not just a career first for a driver, but an emotional win for a son, who has dedicated his life to keeping the dream alive that his father envisioned many years ago.

After winning his competitive heat race, Tanner started the 20 lap feature from the outside of the first row. From the drop of the green, Tanner had the car to beat and he grabbed the lead right at the start and never looked back, fending off challenges from late model standout Andy Anderson, to bring the TKR/Sabine Heating & Air Conditioning #41 Rocket across the finish line first. After taking a few extra moments to collect his thoughts Tanner pulled into victory lane, to a throng of family, friends and fans. The Winchester Speedway faithful erupted into cheers when a tearful Tanner emerged, looked up to heaven and saluted his father.

“I’m still not sure it has really sunken in yet” said Tanner from his TKR race shop. “This has just been an incredible experience. We’ve been close to winning, but something always happened at the end. When I saw the checkered waving coming off of turn 4 and there was no other car beside me, I realized it was really going to happen. When I was racing quarter midgets, our goal as a family, was to move up to a late model. To pull into victory lane with my mom, crew & girlfriend waiting for me was the best feeling I have ever had. I know without a doubt, my Dad was right there with us. We got that first win, and that is a big step in our goal to win the Winchester championship” added Kerr.

“I need to thank all my sponsors who have stuck by me, my family and friends who have given me nothing but support and encouragement every step of the way and my crew who puts in long hours working on the car. I could not be living my dream without the support of each and every one of them” said the 20 year old Winchester, Virginia native. “I just feel really blessed, all the phone calls, and messages I received since Saturday night has been really overwhelming” added Kerr.

Tanner Kerr Racing would like to thank all the team’s sponsors:
Sabine Heating & Air Conditioning, Penske Racing Shocks by JDS, Schaeffer Racing Oil, Shearer Custom Speed, Leggett Engine Research, Boyce Racing Supplies, Speedwrapz, WRT Speedwerx, HTMA & K.R.S. Motorsports Media.

Upcoming Races:
May 12th – Winchester Speedway
May 19th – Winchester Speedway
May 26th – Winchester Speedway
June 2nd – TBA
June 9th – Winchester Speedway

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media